Things that are right

One or two banks dont allow it for obvious reasons. You might want to check it out first

ffs

Anything helpful to add? If not then FOAD

what does FOAD mean?

I’ll check that out pal, I was aware of overpaying the mortgage etc, but didn’t actually know you could pay fortnightly.

Fools often add dirt

that doesn’t make sense

Says the man counting Ulster Semi-finalists since 2010 to prove the dominance of Ulster football :laughing:

No its the other way round mac. You make 26 payments rather than 12. So lets say youre repayments are 1k a months. Thats 12k. Compared to 500 every two weeks which works out at 13k a year. Banks tend to load on the interest for the first half of the mortgage. Do the quicker you start to eat into the cspital, the cheaper and shorter it gets

Context.

Thats exactly what I said! Fortnightly payments half a months one so you pay back 2 extra payments equivalent to paying 13 months. Same as the way Credit Unions do loans with payments every 4 weeks.

Yep and therefore by logic, you start to eat into the capital quicker. But like I said some banks wont let you for obvious reasons

On a variable rate of 4.3% to start off with, still saving approx 200 euro a month by buying rather then renting the same house so I’m happy.

The mortgage itself is very manageable at 860 a month incl insurance etc, not bad at all. Will definitely consider fortnightly or the over paying option once we’ve all the rooms furnished etc.

1 Like

True. Standard of birds in Norway must be decent.

Both Mac. The interest calc is marginal enough if you look at it on a payment by payment basis but it adds up massively over the course of the loan. Also you are paying back more over the course of the year which is the main help. It seems like small money but compound interest is a motherfucker when it’s working against you

Ear to the Ground*

• and Ella :clap: :clap:
1 Like

How did Rossie come across mate? Ella is a thoroughly alright sort by the way.

Extremely slow.

Like on the field so.

A young lad at Fermoy Rugby Club asked why he didn’t play for Munster as opposed to another Country like Leinster, he said they didn’t want him and that Leinster was just another County not a Country.

#dimcunt