Things that are right

Great to see the young lads interested in sport, any sport. It’s the makings of most kids.

A childhood without sport, even a passing interest in sport, is not a proper childhood.

Being dragged to GAA matches when you were knee high to a grass hopper is one of the great institutions of Irish households. And then asking on the way home - “did we win?”. Hope it never dies.

6 Likes

No wonder you became a manyoo fan :smiley:

3 Likes

Talking about GAA here pal, you wouldn’t have known much about that growing up in Toxteth robbing cars.

2 Likes

This is a biggie.
The fact that, for the past few years at least, there has been a great big fucking clash in the hurling championship exactly on Father’s Day, so when asked what you want for Father’s Day, you reply “To be left in peace to watch the hurling”, and for one afternoon, you get your wish.
Ah fucking lovely.

9 Likes

It’s well for some. There’s a feile on in Tipp this weekend. Some lads will be lucky to be near a television not to mention being left in peace.

2 Likes

Just watched Deportivo’s dismantling of Real Madrid 5-2 in 2000 on Sky Sports 3. They had some team.

La Liga was fantastic viewing back then on Eurogoals on Eurosport. Bit like the Premier League now. Genuinely competitive.

Not sure if this is the right thread tbh. My new boss, who is a very tall, attractive woman, has a disconcerting habit of adjusting her underwear in front of me. She’s wearing a fetching dress today and every time we talk it’s all bra straps and tight bands being snapped through it.

1 Like

Start adjusting your straps in retaliation.

1 Like

I’d prefer to adjust hers.

1 Like

She obviously looks at you as one of the girls @Fitzy. Sorry.

I’d suggest doing something very manly the next time she does this.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind but we were actually talking about hurling when I first noticed it.

She could be some exhurler who stopped for the op in Thailand on the way to Oz.

Trans diemen’s land

7 Likes

That’s disturbing alright, Fitzy

She thinks your blind

2 Likes

Jesus wept. Get it together runty

Well done art, glad to see you’ve taken note of Bandages pleadings for you not to be such a boring bastard. :rollseyes:

3 Likes

I think what bandage was referring to was bad spelling and overuse of rolleyes. Well done lad

2 Likes

:rollseyes:

1 Like