Things that are right

It did, your original gaa article did not, just a few cliches. You’ve been clamped here by Zebó.

If only you tried this hard with the craft beer

Ah ok. I didn’t realise you were talking through your hole. My original article and comment merely stated that Zebo was invited to launch hurling chsmpionship. It was you further improved the story by posting the additional article

:grinning:

oooffttt

You’re scrambling badly here, why can’t you just admit that this has backfired badly, it’s getting embarrassing for your now

1 Like

You cheeky old bastard you… Im going to let that one slide, you’ll not ruin this top top time of my life for me…

Bord Gáis Energy should fuck away for themselves. The GGA doesn’t need validation from rugby football players and/or coaches. I (may be wrong but I) think Canning, McDonald and another player or two were at this launch too but Zeeb’s place (and appearance fee) could have been given to an honest to goodness muldoon hurler who has to get up every morning.

12 Likes

Because it hasn’t mate. Yourself and the other lad waded in made a bollox of yourself and are now both seething and rattled so much you are making up lies.

In fact you have taken away a lot of much needed publicity and shine off the hurling championship launch. Myself and zeebs only trying to highlight the launch and promote hurling

1 Like

Conor Murray is not hurling
https://youtu.be/uA8v8hWFsYQ

:grinning:

The response of a man who knows he’s made a tool of himself

2 Likes

It’s all about marketing the game Bandage. Stick hurling is an obscure sport played seriously in only a handful of counties that border Tipperary. If you get an accomplished stick hurler like Micky Muldoon from Muckville doing the photo shoot most of the country will have no idea it happened.

Zeebs is a nationally known athlete in a sport that is played in all four provinces on the island, the GGA was lucky he deigned to go along with this.

3 Likes

I hope he was well rewarded for it

I’d say he was just delighted to give a boost to the profile of a minority sport.

If the shoe was on the other foot and some stick hurler got involved in promoting another sport, the GGA would probably threaten to ban the player.

2 Likes

@Matty_Hislop loves his oul hurling bants

1 Like

The gahliban traditionally hated football but doffed their caps to their rogbee betters.nothing new here

The vast majority of people in Oireland know about 5 hurlers, the rest of them are anonymous nobodies

5?

Shefflingtonshirs
Fats canning

That’s it

2 Likes

its really a fringe game, the only time Croke Park is full for a hurling match is the for the All Ireland final when all the jonny come latelys come crawling out of the woodwork

1 Like

Jimmy Barry Murphy if you’re counting retired stick hurlers.

1 Like

True enough and it’s infuriating really. Rugby football has no merit as an activity and its proponents usually speak in corporate jargon and cliches. For example, Gordon D’Arcy bored the fuck out of everyone at the Wexford GAA event the other night with tales of the virtuous cycle created by Michael Cheika at Leinster. Everyone was impatiently waiting for him to shut up so we could hear more funny anecdotes from Davy and Banty like when the former threatened to cut the head off Brian Cody. For all the “I suppose” merchants playing GGA there’s surely a few loose cannons who could be rolled out for these promotional events.