Things that are right

I’m feeling warm and fuzzy inside right now

1 Like

Have you been down at the park bench again?

4 Likes

I was just reflecting on how happy I am, not depressed like all those fuckers at home in Ireland, riddled with anxiety and self loathing, England is a great country

3 Likes

http://a.msn.com/01/en-ie/AAtnk9M?ocid=se

Put on a dress love!

2 Likes

My young one wants to wear dungarees to hers next year, a jump suit at worst

Leave her off if she wants to. It’s her day and if it makes her happy, that’s the most important part.

I know as one of the top ranking Tfk dads, you will do the right thing

Careful or you will raise a lad who wants to wear no tie to a wedding to be a bit edgy

4 Likes

My father was driving the cork to mallow road yesterday when a lorry swerved right across the main road coming against him. A car had gone up inside the lorry and hit the ditch and taken off, the lorry driver had swerved out to avoid it and lost control.

My old man had veered into his own ditch firstly to avoid lorry but when he realised the lorry was out of control he swerved right and made it out behind the tail of the lorry into open road. He came close to a heart attack id say having had two strokes in the past. Just goes to show how strong your instincts are in a crisis. I saw a replay on it from a lorry behind that had a dashcam. The lorry driver involved was hugging my father he thought he’d killed him.

His jack russel was in the back of the jeep he got an awful belting around the place.

All still in one piece however :ronnyroar:

43 Likes

Was that on the 2x1 sections?

No just before the waterloo exit heading away from cork

Best of luck to him after all that

1 Like

Hope he is ok today.

1 Like

Think there was a crash there on Saturday actually.

Very dangerous stretch of road

Yes mate, I think there was a crash there on Saturday alright :thinking:

2 Likes

There was a fatal accident at that turnoff last month. Couple of American tourists killed.

Yes that was the incident. Lethal part of the road alright

If you didn’t know where you were going the sat nav directs you across the road there to go to Blarney which is why it is so dodge. There is a much better exit for blarney on correct side of rd shortly further on but its not v well signposted back along the road

At the risk of drawing the attention of forum stalwarts, I managed to run out of petrol on the bike on Friday night on a dark cold wet narrow country road, with nowhere to pull in, and a fair bit of late angry commuter traffic about.
First bit of good fortune was that it coasted to a stop right outside a fairly swish gastro pub.
I rang a couple of local pals who’ve helped me in the past when I’ve run out of petrol in the car, but neither were free, so I went into the pub on the off chance.
The manager came out, and not only did he have half a canister of lawnmower petrol in the shed, he told me to use it all as “there’s no point worrying about it over a drop of petrol”, and then point blank refused to take any money.
This meant I could meet my Galway hurling Bessier in the pub as arranged, who opined “dya know, this country may be all fucked up, but there are some very decent people living in it”

Didnt know you had a motorbike. Mental image significantly altered

Explains how he was able to keep up with those Olympic cyclists he frequently meets on his bike

2 Likes