Things that are right

I was in McDonald’s in moss side last week. I was sitting down with my meal, when a rough enough looking Somalian (I suspect) approached me. I was waiting for trouble (I’d have been expecting trouble given the tracksuit, tattoos, and pants tucked into socks irrespective of race or creed, especially given the area), but he merely gesticulated and handed me back my motorbike key which I’d left on the counter.
Most people are decent.

3 Likes

That they are flatty. I was impressed though that the money was still in it given the time of year.

You’d have done the same Mike

I would flatty. Maybe I should have a chat with myself for doubting somebody else.

Im sure most people would, unless they had financial troubles in which case I wouldn’t particularly hold it against them

@iron_mike is mike Skinner

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yKOzMf20J6U

1 Like

I wouldn’t have held it against anyone if the money was gone. Like I said it was the potential hassle of cancelling bank cards and having to get a new drivers license that was bothering me more than anything

He probably wasn’t interested in robbing a Honda 50.

As an aside Moss Side looks as rough as fuck.

It’s a lot better than it used to be Fagan, it’s actually a lot rougher round the apollo.
I’d be in moss side a fair bit, and if you mind your business it’s grand.

1 Like

Lighting a fire :fire: of a Sunday

5 Likes

I lived in Manchester during the Moss Side riots, it was known as the concrete jungle.
Last time I drove through it was over 20 years ago, young lads walking around with bandanas masking their faces in the middle of the day, it was like the wild west!

It’s not so bad now. The gangs seem to stick to each other. You’d not go for a picnic mind.

You’ll feel right at home in Limerick.

2 Likes

I worked with the Kennedy builders from Mayo on the regeneration of Moss Side in the late 60’s early 70’s… Talk about rough…
Great money and great times just the same. The Kennedy’s took no shit.

1 Like

Blue Kennedys or Yellow Kennedys or was it before the split?

Was that the old days of the ard roi “brawlroom”?

Heady nights, you’d want your wits about you there of a Saturday night. I got/gave plenty of clatters there in my time.

FAO @Mullach_Ide - before the split. In fairness to Kennedy he set up a couple of his top men with firms and contracts to get them started in the early 70’s. I spent a couple of years with Tim Kilroe back then. Kilroe was a proper gent - more than could be said for his offspring.

3 Likes

Gave a spell with the blue kennedys on the gas, working out of Hattersley, tough work but good craic, Brady and Hindley fucked that area up for a long long time.

Getting back to things that’s are right.
Harvest!

1 Like

What the fuck is that?