Things that are right

The dry, albeit crisp and cold, weather in Dublin over the past 3 or 4 weeks. I’ve had a hole in the sole of one of the shoes I wear to work for the last month and I’ve yet to experience a wet sock on my strolls to and from the office thanks to the unseasonably dry weather. However, I did notice on Monday that the hole in the sole has lengthened up and around to the instep and the stitching where the leather connects to the sole has given way. So now there’s both holes on the side and sole of my right shoe. I might consider some Thursday night shopping to rectify matters.

Hobo .

Get yourself down to the local cobblers bandage.

In these recessionary times, new work shoes are not a necessity.

Do you still have a job Bandage?
What with the ball scratching suit with holes and now dodgy shoes it sounds like you are one of those winos with delusions of grandeur!

WBY

[quote=“W.B. Yeats”]Do you still have a job Bandage?
What with the ball scratching suit with holes and now dodgy shoes it sounds like you are one of those winos with delusions of grandeur!

WBY[/quote]

Just about. I’m a bit of a scruff when it comes to clothes but I’m just back from a successful jaunt into Grafton Street where I procured a tremendous pair of shoes.

If given the choice between the two, choosing a career of cleaning up spunk in a brothel over playing rugby.

Clarks sale?

Cadbury’s Creme Eggs.

I love these bastards.

Toasted ham and cheese with a bit of ketchup on the GF. Going for one of these now. I know it’s probably already appeared in this thread, but the toasted sandwich is definitely worth repeating every few pages or so.

Never tried a toasted sandwich on the George Foreman - good Sledgester?

Quicker than the grill, and the bread doesn’t get dog-eared like it does under the grill. It’s your only man

+1 for toastie on the george

No. Dries the sandwich out.

Since when are sambos supposed to be “wet”?

If you put the sambo on for the right amount of time, the cheese and ketchup melts/heats and spreads so it certainly doesn’t get any drier.

[quote=“Sledgehammer”]Since when are sambos supposed to be “wet”?

If you put the sambo on for the right amount of time, the cheese and ketchup melts/heats and spreads so it certainly doesn’t get any drier.[/quote]

You’re a wise man MC Sledgehammer, with everything but earphones and sandwiches.

Nobody likes a dry sandwich.

A plain warm scone with butter and jam. I am eating a top quality one right now. Goes very well with a cup of good strong coffee.

This sandwich debate needs to be moved to its own thread…

Sanwiches on the GF are indeed, right.

The first cup of tea of the day

sandwiches with real ham, as in the ham from the Christmas.
and a mug of tea