Things That Are Wrong

@glasagusban has had the fanny beaten off him here.

Women’s (stretching it to call them women as most of them are girls) gymnastics at the Olympics always gets more coverage than the men’s competition. I think it’s the same in ice skating but that isn’t a sport.

Id say a half decent u14 boys team would hammer a top camoige team. Big fucking heifers is all they are

I created a lovely toasted sandwich with ham, chorizo and tomatoe there a while ago and after a few bites i noticed mould on the bread. Fucking loaf was gone off two days i’m bulling about it. :mad:

Id still ate it

[QUOTE=“Distended Red Anus, post: 1017750, member: 2648”]Anything involving strength and speed, females will lag considerably behind males on average.
Back in the 90’s, the US women’s soccer team was the best in the world, they won all before them, World Cup several times running, the Olympics, often beat other teams by cricket scores.
They used to play practice matches against the US mens’s u-18 team, but stopped because the games were so lopsided… they boys would hammer them. Instead they starting playing practice matches against the u-15 boys. They didn’t always win. Keep in mind, this was the finest Women’s soccer team in the world at the time, and they were for all intents and purposes a full time pro team.

When the German women won the WC in 2003 (??), right afterwards they played an exhibition match against one of the Bundesliga youth teams (think it was Bayer Lever), the match was only one 45 min half and they lost 6-0.[/QUOTE]
Stating the obvious here but women’s team field sports are basically a joke. The men’s equivalents are on a different planet in terms of skill and physicality. I’ve never seen a women’s Gaelic football, hurling, association football or rugby match where the players didn’t all look like they were constipated.

Track and field, rowing, swimming etc all require rudimentary skills, so the only noticeable gap is in physicality, which enables the women’s competitions in these sports to be taken reasonably seriously.

Women’s tennis is taken seriously because it’s possibly the only skill sport apart from gymnastics where there isn’t a noticeable skill differential between men and women to the eye of the casual observer. Back in the days of Graf, Seles, Navratilova, Sabatini etc it was taken almost as seriously as the men’s but the men’s has completely blown it out of the water in recent years.

Yeah, @TheUlteriorMotive was talking quite a bit of rubbish about women’s tennis. It’s quite a low standard with games mainly characterised by multiple service breaks and lots of screeching.

Made no comment about standards as I don’t watch tennis. Just that women’s game seems as high profile as mens game and TV audience numbers support that position.

Multiple service breaks and screeching may be a part of those TV numbers.

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1017942, member: 2272”]Made no comment about standards as I don’t watch tennis. Just that women’s game seems as high profile as mens game and TV audience numbers support that position.

Multiple service breaks and screeching may be a part of those TV numbers.[/QUOTE]

Apologies for misattributing your comments, mate.

Apology accepted.

As an aside I have noticed debate on here is much more neutral and balanced mid week. As the week goes on a lot of anger and issues seem to bubble up and permeate posters posts. Maybe it is a coincidence but it deserves study i.e. Does the personality of the board change over the week and if so, why?

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1017950, member: 2272”]Apology accepted.

As an aside I have noticed debate on here is much more neutral and balanced mid week. As the week goes on a lot of anger and issues seem to bubble up and permeate posters posts. Maybe it is a coincidence but it deserves study i.e. Does the personality of the board change over the week and if so, why?[/QUOTE]
You nosey prick! :eek:

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1017950, member: 2272”]Apology accepted.

As an aside I have noticed debate on here is much more neutral and balanced mid week. As the week goes on a lot of anger and issues seem to bubble up and permeate posters posts. Maybe it is a coincidence but it deserves study i.e. Does the personality of the board change over the week and if so, why?[/QUOTE]

I don’t know anything about that but what I have noticed is that around breakfast time, lunch time and from 4.30pm to about 6pm there is hardly a fucker around… ateing and skiving off from work I’d say, fat lazy bastards

Some of the threads on the front page of the forum:

• Cricket
  • Horse Racing
  • Rugby
  • American Football

and to a lesser extent golf.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 1019298, member: 24”]Some of the threads on the front page of the forum:

• Cricket
  • Horse Racing
  • Rugby
  • American Football

and to a lesser extent golf.[/QUOTE]

+1

someday soon we will have a front page consisting entirely of calling mac threads

[QUOTE=“Young Ned of the Hill, post: 1019301, member: 80”]+1

someday soon we will have a front page consisting entirely of calling mac threads[/QUOTE]

If only

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 1019298, member: 24”]Some of the threads on the front page of the forum:

• Cricket
  • Horse Racing
  • Rugby
  • American Football

and to a lesser extent golf.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should fucking post more on the threads you believe should be on the front page then

Communion passports.

These have been introduced into certain working class areas of Dublin.

You have to collect a certain amount of ‘stamps’ in order to be allowed to make the sacrament of Communion.

Stamps are obtained every time you go to Mass on a Saturday/Sunday.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 1019317, member: 24”]Communion passports.

These have been introduced into certain working class areas of Dublin.

You have to collect a certain amount of ‘stamps’ in order to be allowed to make the sacrament of Communion.

Stamps are obtained every time you go to Mass on a Saturday/Sunday.[/QUOTE]

What’s wrong about that?

It’s like expecting to start to a county final without go training.

[QUOTE=“TreatyStones, post: 1019322, member: 1786”]What’s wrong about that?

It’s like expecting to start to a county final without go training.[/QUOTE]

It’s wrong that the Catholic Church would have to resort to such measures.

I don’t get you.