Things That Are Wrong

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 1017546, member: 180”]Who is Katie Walsh pal? Nina who?

And you’re putting forward a female boxer? Ah here :D[/QUOTE]

She’d knock the shite out of you.

Nina Carberry and Katie Walsh, two of the finest horsey people ever to pull on a pair of jodhpurs.

[QUOTE=“Esteban de la Sexface, post: 1017581, member: 2695”]She’d knock the shite out of you.

[/QUOTE]
Thats not exactly backing up your argument to say that.

Nina Carberry and Katie Walsh, two of the finest horsey people ever to pull on a pair of jodhpurs.

Fucking horse riders :smiley:

As has been clearly stated on here before horse racing is not a sport.

:mad:

pound for pound the greatest athletes on the planet - the jockeys. These guys are fucking amazing, balance, core strength, dedication, hardness, skill, bravery. They have it all, pal.

[QUOTE=“Esteban de la Sexface, post: 1017581, member: 2695”]She’d knock the shite out of you.

Nina Carberry and Katie Walsh, two of the finest horsey people ever to pull on a pair of jodhpurs.[/QUOTE]
I agree with you in principle but you’re undermining your own argument by mentioning horse botherers. Anyway, little point in engaging here, the village idiot will reply ad nauseum until he some point claims victory or that you are rattled. He has nothing else to do.

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 1017584, member: 180”]Thats not exactly backing up your argument to say that.

Fucking horse riders :D[/QUOTE]

these women are fine examples of sports people, dedicated and talented at what they do. Also the likes of Anna Geary, Cora Staunton etc who excel at their sports are fucking legends, they put the hours in and have the the natural talent to be the best at what they do, belittle them away for a cheap little laugh on the internet all you want.

pound for pound the greatest athletes on the planet - the jockeys. These guys are fucking amazing, balance, core strength, dedication, hardness, skill, bravery. They have it all, pal.[/QUOTE]

Bloody hell! Good wind up, mate.

I also like clowndick

Edit: Oops I’ve said too much :oops:

pound for pound the greatest athletes on the planet - the jockeys. These guys are fucking amazing, balance, core strength, dedication, hardness, skill, bravery. They have it all, pal.[/QUOTE]

Excellent at falling off under instruction.

It’s a sickness.

athletics and tennis are the only two that are in any way comparable to the male equivalent in terms of profile, credibility and box office

Don’t follow athletics at all but women’s tennis is a longstanding joke. I guess they benefit from the Grand Slams taking place alongside the male tournaments in terms of profile but the standard is pretty abysmal.

don’t know about tennis standards but female tennis seems to get same media coverage and crowds as mens - top players are well known

athletics - standards are lower but female athletes would be respected and insofar as athletics is a draw at all for crowds people would watch them and regard their achievement seriously

Swimming is another one where they seem to garner equal attention and credit (albeit it is very niche)

I think long distance swimming is the only sport where women are on average better than men but best men will still beat best women

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1017693, member: 2272”]don’t know about tennis standards but female tennis seems to get same media coverage and crowds as mens - top players are well known

athletics - standards are lower but female athletes would be respected and insofar as athletics is a draw at all for crowds people would watch them and regard their achievement seriously

Swimming is another one where they seem to garner equal attention and credit (albeit it is very niche)

I think long distance swimming is the only sport where women are on average better than men but best men will still beat best women[/QUOTE]
Seems like in all those examples you’ve given the female events are held with the men’s. Rowing is another example though as a sport attracts less coverage anyway. There was a good enough article recently in the Irish times by I forget who, basically saying that the key point about coverage of female sports is that you can’t actually make people care. That’s fair enough, but running them down is the activity of an imbecile, like MBB for example.

Yes they are held together although with tennis women’s finals day in a Grand Slam like Wimbledon is an occasion by itself

I also think that in football, camogie, rugby an average club/social player or team would destroy a women’s team whereas in athletics that generally is not true and I assume same is true for tennis, swimming where the women are at a level which while below the elite men is a level above an average club player/athlete.

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1017718, member: 2272”]Yes they are held together although with tennis women’s finals day in a Grand Slam like Wimbledon is an occasion by itself

I also think that in football, camogie, rugby an average club/social player or team would destroy a women’s team whereas in athletics that generally not true and I assume same is true for tennis, swimming where the women are at a level which while below the elite men is a level above an average club player/athlete.[/QUOTE]
Yeah true. But you’re not comparing like with like in physical team sports like you have mentioned due to power etc. Also, a decent senior club player has probably had better levels of coaching to develop them through their career. Girls are allowed play on boys teams in GAA up to u15. Don’t know if you’ve ever seen a girl playing at that level, they’ll often be one of the stand out players on the pitch, which would strongly contradict your assessment of average make player v top female player.

Girls can on play GAA with the boys up to U12 now I think

:smiley:

I remember a girl playing against boys in Limerick years ago and she regularly stood out in a highly competitive level and age group, she went on to captain her country at senior level and have a long professional career winning multiple trophies. A credit to her City and country, most of the lads went on to sniff glue and attend various correctional facilities.

this is due to lads getting the horn at a younger age I’d imagine, with the exposure to the fanny on the internet.

I’d no idea what a fanny was when i was twelve.