Things That Are Wrong

There wasn’t 620 pages of a difference back then Fagan. Keep up.

Irish cunts referring to a footballer as “Jags”.

WTF.

That’s pretty sad.

unbelievable stat… who would have thought a collection of heavy drinking, shit gambling thirtysomething year old men who wish for celebrities to die and spend most days smashing the shit out of their keyboards swapping vitriol would be so negative??.. the mind boggles I tell you…

Not everyone is like you scum.

no but we’re all on the one bus…and you’re driving it kev you luuunnnnaattticccc…:smiley:

Im quite a positive person really. :smiley:

:slight_smile:

:confused:

Those women in London held captive for 30 years. :eek:

Making arrangements to meet a mate for a pint this evening earlier in the week and getting a text off the same person this morning saying he got ‘unexpectedly drunk’ last night and was ‘dying’ and had to ‘bail on tonight’.

Fucking cunt.

Come the day and come the hour
Come the power and the glory
We have come to answer
Our Country’s call
From the four proud provinces of Ireland

Ireland, Ireland
Together standing tall
Shoulder to shoulder
We’ll answer Ireland’s call

From the mighty Glens of Antrim
From the rugged hills of Galway
From the walls of Limerick
And Dublin Bay

Ireland, Ireland
Together standing tall
Shoulder to shoulder

Hearts of steel
And heads unbowing
Vowing never to be broken
We will fight, until
We can fight no more

Ireland, Ireland
Together standing tall
Shoulder to shoulder

[quote=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 863735, member: 2272”]Come the day and come the hour
Come the power and the glory
We have come to answer
Our Country’s call

Ireland, Ireland
Together standing tall
Shoulder to shoulder

From the mighty Glens of Antrim
From the rugged hills of Galway
From the walls of Limerick
And Dublin Bay

Ireland, Ireland
Together standing tall
Shoulder to shoulder

Hearts of steel
And heads unbowing
Vowing never to be broken
We will fight, until
We can fight no more

Ireland, Ireland
Together standing tall
Shoulder to shoulder
We’ll answer Ireland’s call[/quote]

You have problems with a song which is attempting to reconcile different traditions on the island yet you see nothing wrong with the British state killing innocent people and discriminating against Catholics.

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 863732, member: 24”]Making arrangements to meet a mate for a pint this evening earlier in the week and getting a text off the same person this morning saying he got ‘unexpectedly drunk’ last night and was ‘dying’ and had to ‘bail on tonight’.

Fucking cunt.[/quote]

What a softcock.

Amhran na bhFiann is Ireland’s national anthem and not Ireland’s Call…

The second half of your sentence is an attack on a straw man.

[quote=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 863750, member: 2272”]Amhran na bhFiann is Ireland’s national anthem and not Ireland’s Call…

The second half of your sentence is an attack on a straw man.[/quote]

Irish rugby team is a 32 county team mate i.e. the island of Ireland. It’s not just the state of Ireland. It really isn’t that complicated.

A confederate team? Then why is Amhran na bhFiann played for home matches alongside Ireland’s call? Should it not be Amhran na bhFiann and God Save the Queen so that the anthems of both countries are played or else no anthem and just play Ireland’s Call on its own.

Amhran Na bhFiann is played as a mark of respect to where the game is being played i.e. Dublin. In theory if the game was being played in Belfast they’d play God Save the Queen. When playing abroad Amhran Na bhFiann is not played typically.

In practice, its a way of respecting both traditions that come together to play for the 32-county Ireland. If the country was ever to go a similar way I’d imagine there’d need to be similar gestures regarding anthems, flags (flegs?), emblems etc. I certainly prefer it to a partionist rugby team, like the soccer.

[quote=“tallback, post: 863791, member: 1158”]Amhran Na bhFiann is played as a mark of respect to where the game is being played i.e. Dublin. In theory if the game was being played in Belfast they’d play God Save the Queen. When playing abroad Amhran Na bhFiann is not played typically.

In practice, its a way of respecting both traditions that come together to play for the 32-county Ireland. If the country was ever to go a similar way I’d imagine there’d need to be similar gestures regarding anthems, flags (flegs?), emblems etc. I certainly prefer it to a partionist rugby team, like the soccer.[/quote]

On that basis I would be excited to see the Ireland Rugby team play in Belfast to see the looks on the lads in the Munster jersey’s faces as God Saves the Queen rings out. They no doubt would afford it the respect it deserves.

They would probably sing it with gusto the forlock tugging protein junkies, the lot of them. :slight_smile: