Things That Are Wrong

I am not sure how accurate this is but when your young and up to a certain age your liver can actually repair itself but once you get to your late 20s you lose this repair facility…

pinch of salt

[quote=“Thrawneen, post: 869151, member: 129”]It is for a lot of drunkards and drug addicts and I’ve heard it being described thus by medical professionals. Some people just don’t like the sober reality of life. And I don’t blame them (us).

It’s mad though that some people’s livers will pack in when they’re young enough while the likes of Bukowski, Reed, Hunter S. Thompson and several relatives of mine kept lashing the booze back till they were ripe old ages.[/quote]

This shit. :rolleyes: Nike can fuck right off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-tcrdkVDaY

I met him once during a lock in in a pub in London. He was carried in by two bouncer types and sat swaying at the bar supping a pint of neat vodka. Chatted to him a bit. Think he was nice but I couldn’t really make out what he was saying.

That Colm Keaveney lad is some cunt. Fianna fucking fail.

he was a cunt way back in 92 when i was in letterkenny rtc and he was SU president

I sat with him one night while he drank pints of Butterscotch Schnapps and didn’t understand a single thing he mumbled.

I was listening to his weasal words on The Last Word and he oozed cuntishness. He’s an opposition politician who can’t handle the heat and will always look for the populist answer. The hypocritical cunt.

What the fuck was John Lennon thinking? Yoko Ono for fuck’s sake.

He is some dumb cunt. Has he destroyed any chance of getting re-elected in 2016?

Unfortunately, no, he stands a good chance of retaining his seat. His newly gained national profile, being on a FF ticket that will be the only alternative vote available with any semblance of credibility and his blatant careerism that plays out as looking out for the little guy to those incapable of analysing politics beyond its outermost layer should see him get a quota handily enough.

Galway East is now a 3 seater. Galway East is a rural area so Kitt and Connaughton will always gather the agri votes. Cannon and Higgins will also poll well. Canney is also very popular. Michael Dolan could also run for FF.

Keaveney is not as popular as he thinks. He is a lot further down the pecking order than he thinks.

The only was I could see him getting in would be if Kitt decided not to run which is a possibility. Even then the majority of Kitts voters wouldn’t be going Keaveneys direction.

If FF has any sense they should add Gerry Finnerty to the ticket. South Galway is crying out for a good politician.

[quote=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 869430, member: 686”]Galway East is now a 3 seater. Galway East is a rural area so Kitt and Connaughton will always gather the agri votes. Cannon and Higgins will also poll well. Canney is also very popular. Michael Dolan could also run for FF.

Keaveney is not as popular as he thinks. He is a lot further down the pecking order than he thinks.

The only was I could see him getting in would be if Kitt decided not to run which is a possibility. Even then the majority of Kitts voters wouldn’t be going Keaveneys direction.

If FF has any sense they should add Gerry Finnerty to the ticket. South Galway is crying out for a good politician.[/quote]
Kitt won’t stand again. And while it might be true that Kitt voters mightn’t take to Keaveney too well, I don’t think it’s as big issue that it would force them to desert the party. FF voters are the most loyal when it comes to consistency, so I can’t see a drop off significant enough for them to not return a seat, considering the natural bounce factor they will have coming up to the election. That said, they are seething over this move at grassroots level in FFGE apparently

Keaveney is cute enough to know that FF are guaranteed at least one seat in every constituency outside Dublin next time (and probably in Dublin too :rolleyes:).

Hmmm, my feeling is that FF will regret this.

Where does Michael Dolan sit in all of this?

[quote=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 869436, member: 686”]Hmmm, my feeling is that FF will regret this.

Where does Michael Dolan sit in all of this?[/quote]

Some of the local FF councillors and the like on Morning Ireland this morning sounded far from pleased. Even Kitt finished off his interview basically implying that he wasn’t that happy.

[quote=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 869436, member: 686”]Hmmm, my feeling is that FF will regret this.

Where does Michael Dolan sit in all of this?[/quote]
Judging by the nature of the announcement, I’d say it doesn’t matter a fuck where he sits in all of this. The FF head honchos within the parliamentary party have shown stunning arrogance and a disregard for ordinary party members (ie the people who do the hard yards at election time). By trying to make a splash with a new deputy, they’ve essentially told Dolan and any other potential candidates for the next GE that they can get fucked and that they’ll do whatever HQ tells them.

Kitt heard it about first on Galway Bay FM… or so the story goes. The man deserves a bit more respect than that you would have thought… then again Martin would be capable of anything.

He’s old school fianna fail. He deserves to have me take a shit on his dinner plate. The cunt.

The only thing that those old school cunts deserve is the wall in kilmainham and five .303 bullets