Things That Are Wrong

Shit. Did he die from liver failure type stuff or from an accident?

Jaysis. Sorry to hear that Caomhin and KP. I had no idea that guys so young were dying from drink - I had presumed it got lads in their 40’s and 50’s etc from chronic liver problems. Terrible to hear.

Dreadful to hear. May he rest in peace.

RIP

Jesus thats rough kev

Drinking yourself to death before 30? Fucking hell thats pretty dreadful, I presume there was an underlying health issue? Either way, sorry to hear that caoimhaoin.

Sad news.

That’s awful news @caoimhaoin for a guy so young. RIP.

Lad I know over here has a hole in his liver and alcoholic hepatitis. He is about 22 stone and cna put away an unmerciful amount of it. Was shocked the other week when he told me is only 25, the man looks like he is in his mid thirties

Ya. Was a guy from West Clare that was part if our group if friends over there. A great guy but ravaged by the drink. It was a wild place where we lived, not a good place for someone to stay long term for someone with addiction issues.

His group from Clare have had a rough rise between accidents and suicides. Awful shit altogether.

Still autopsy being done, but not an accident or suicide anyway. Although sometimes I wonder is it a form of suicide.

Fucking hell Kev, that’s awful:(

Some lads livers are stronger than others and they can get away with it for years.

The top shelf will eventually erode it away bit by bit though.

[quote=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 869077, member: 686”]Some lads livers are stronger than others and they can get away with it for years.

The top shelf will eventually erode it away bit by bit though.[/quote]

He wouldn’t really touch it Monday to Thursday or drink at home, but when he goes he goes. He goes up to Glasgow every few weeks to watch Celtic and has been know to drink two or three bottles of buckfast on the trip up the motorway as a warm up. He has a couple of kids so reckon this is the warning he needed, he looks like shit now, has a touchj of jaundice around his eyes. The size of the fella it is like throwing the drink into a barrel of sawdust.

@caoimhaoin - sorry to hear that.

You still talk in tones of admiration for his drinking.

It’s shit, but there are people a lot more affected by it than me. His mother would have been at his neighbors and friend funeral after suicide a couple of months ago. It must be just devestating for those people to try and figure out where it all went wrong. I think about it myself sometimes, I could have gone deep but didn’t thankfully, but my parents did absolutely nothing but good. How would they be able to explain it if I imploded like that. Deaths like this leave more questions than answers. Probably only behind cold murder and suicide.

It is for a lot of drunkards and drug addicts and I’ve heard it being described thus by medical professionals. Some people just don’t like the sober reality of life. And I don’t blame them (us).

It’s mad though that some people’s livers will pack in when they’re young enough while the likes of Bukowski, Reed, Hunter S. Thompson and several relatives of mine kept lashing the booze back till they were ripe old ages.

[quote=“Thrawneen, post: 869151, member: 129”]

It’s mad though that some people’s livers will pack in when they’re young enough while the likes of Bukowski, Reed, Hunter S. Thompson and several relatives of mine kept lashing the booze back till they were ripe old ages.[/quote]

Seems to be a huge variance on liver life times alright. I have has ould bachelor neighbours who lived into their 80s and were heavy drinkers all their lives.

I’d imagine the extreme binge drinking culture that is prevalent at the moment is causing serious liver damage in young people.