Things that continue to be right…or things that float your 🐐

Steven Seagal action films

1 Like

Power of Dreams are recording a new album and their debut album Immigrants, Emigrants and Me (arguably the greatest Irish debut album) is being remastered and will be available on all good streaming services

What. A. Time. To. Be. Alive.

‘The Pitch’ episode of Killinaskully

1 Like

By the end the fat fucker could hardly move his body more than his face, but he was still beating up teams of hired roughnecks.

1 Like

Having a beer with your daughter in the back garden.

15 Likes

There’s a few horn-dogs here salivating at the thoughts of it already.

3 Likes

The washing machine broke down at the weekend. In theory I could have fixed it myself. But I know that if I started the machine would have ended up in a skip with no prospect of ever reattaching the front panel.

So I rang the manufacturer to see if they could send out an engineer. They could but they enquired as to whether the machine was still in warranty.

So I rang DID and they told me that I had bought the machine 2 years and 1 month ago and therefore it was out of the manufacturer’s warranty. Fuck it anyway. Oh hold on, it looks like you purchased the extended warranty. I had.

An engineer called out today. And fixed it a day after I reported the problem. For free. Charles Tyrwhitt collar stiffeners being the problem. On the whole I’m pleased but part of me is a bit annoyed with myself for being so stupid as to purchase an extended warranty.

6 Likes

Patsy O’Hara’/ Ray McCreesh
21/5/81

There was a fella from back my way who had a lucrative enough business as a washing machine repair man. Not that he would ever repair a machine or know how. He basically knew how to take the front over and the motor off and reattach them.

People would call him and he would come and open up the machine and give out some handy talk about how the motor or pump or drum was goosed and he could take it away to be fixed but it would take time to get the parts and make the repairs and it could be a few weeks and it would be cheaper and easier to just dump the machine and buy a new one.

He would then stick his paw out and say it was an €80 call out fee for his services for to recommend you buy a new machine. Nice work if you can get it.

7 Likes

He sounds like a right cunt.

5 Likes

I had to Google that.

He nearly has it back

You’d get that in the worse parts of Klare.

I sold a child seat for a bicycle to an Italian lad this week on Adverts for a small sum, wanting to have it reused rather than recycle it. He had a few problems setting it up but after I offered some after sales service he whatsapped me this evening to say that he was delighted having just finished his first evening cycle with his son.

I am rather pleased to see this pass on to another generation.

Now to sell some real crap from my attic. @Julio_Geordio@TreatyStones … I have some stuff that would be perfect for you both. Lego, actionman or sandpits first?

5 Likes

Spot the odd one out

2 Likes

A cold glass of Coca Cola.

6 Likes

Did you ever drink Dr Pepper. I love the stuff.

Absolute 90s radio on the sky box is a thing that continues to be right.

I didn’t. I rarely drink soft drinks but I bought a bottle of coke to cook a bit of ham in and I chanced a glass. It was lovely.