Things that continue to be right…or things that float your 🐐

There’s some lads on here with serious gambling problems. They just can’t see it.

Peace and love guys.

2 Likes

I’m definitely one of these.

I saw an ad in the cinema - Matt Damon advertising cryptocurrency like it’s space exploration - left me bemused for a good few minutes. They regulate things to death that are far less harmful.

A lad gambling could literally ruin his entire financial life in a a Friday evening on his couch and nothing to stop him.

5 Likes

Matt Damon has survived two cancel attempts. He’s a great man

Yes to crypto, steroids and pot.

No to vaccines.

@Fran has a new handle.

Not yet but he’s barely hanging on… COVID and gambling threads have ruined it for him.

He went too fah

@Frandle. He’s hoping the New York Times buys him for a three figured sum.

2 Likes

Henry Shefflin Jr playing for Ballyhale Shamrocks in Croke Park. 4 years after losing 4 toes in a lawnmower accident.

20 Likes

Does anyone at all disagree that there should be restrictions on gambling companies advertising and more regulation on them in general? Seems to be a rare point of tfk agreement and among the general public too I’d imagine.
Is there any explanation for why it’s not being done?

3 Likes

It’s mad listening to US sport stuff these days. Everything is sponsored by gambling companies and they don’t even come with the “Gamble Responsibly” warning like you would over here

1 Like

Are there moves to allow gambling in other us states outside Nevada etc or how does that work these days?

Online gambling is legal in a lot of states now I think

Shur half the soccer teams across the water are sponsored bt these companies.

2 Likes

It’s legal on a load of Indian reservations too

Governments must make serious tax on it is probably the issue

Sure the Irish Government are pouring millions into horse racing, an industry (not sport) that would not exist without gambling.

5 Likes

This is a big of a scandal in a state choc full of scandals

1 Like

3 Likes