Things that continue to be right…or things that float your 🐐

Lovely few words about your godson, he seems an absolute belter fair play to all involved.
I was going to make a derogatory comment about the rogbee but I restrained myself.

11 Likes

As @flattythehurdler (or was it @KinvarasPassion) said about their sister once which stayed with me, he’s the best of us!

I like Leinster, but I hate Leinster supporters/rugby supporters with a passion if that helps?

1 Like

One of my favourite stories was a lad of our club driving out east Galway and picking a young lad about 13’years of age up purely because he’d a hurl. It was the week after JC finished that oaf “the rock” as a defender and Donal Og pin up. Anyhow,
“Wasn’t it mighty"my pal says, driving along, “to see joe canning the last day. What a brilliant game he had”
" He’s only a cunt” says the young fella.
Galway club hurling at its finest.

34 Likes

Smashing post enjoy your day

Furlong is brilliant.

Nailed it

Ffs, youd have it walked in 15 minutes

1 Like

+1

Hope yourself and the nephew have a great day @pirlo. You’re a sound uncle.

1 Like

Enjoy the day kid. Be great to sicken those Munster turnips with a Leinster win.

1 Like

I would have always walked out to the Callan road to thumb and get home. You’d never try from the Parade. But there’s a few years between us tbf.

1 Like

Bit further than that bud

… and the ring road.

The father used drop me to Ninemilehouse some mornings.
His job around the Callan area wouldn’t let him drive into Tipp. :grinning:

2 Likes

when gordon lightfoot died, the maritime sailors cathedral bell was rung 30 times

“In the maritime sailors’ cathedral
The church bell chimed 'til it rang twenty-nine times
For each man on the Edmund Fitzgerald”

3 Likes

You’d be surprised what you’d see if you checked your old houses on Google maps.

5 Likes

Faces are normally blurred out.
So I don’t know what’s going on there.

Very true. My dad used to be on with an old bucket in his hand. He might have been cleaning paint brushes. His face was blurred out.
I just checked there now and it’s an updated image as he is no longer in it.

1 Like

That’s a pity… Ya’s are right now as I think of it, faces usually blurred out. But I’m sure it was nice to notice your aul da all the same.

1 Like

You can search the historic images as well

1 Like

Glorious sunshine this evening and the forecast is good for the week. Cark coming to town in a knockout game on Sunday.

Life is good.

2 Likes

Ah yeah we used to laugh about it. Mainly because my sister used to be giving out about it and the old clothes he was wearing in it.
Thankfully he is still with us. I was out with himself and my mother this evening in their place enjoying the good weather.

3 Likes

Ah brilliant! I may have jumped to conclusions with that thought.

1 Like