Things that continue to be right…or things that float your 🐐

Coffee and a tunnocks tea cake. An rud is annamh is iontach.

10 Likes

Long time since a Tunnocks tea cake got a shout out on the forum.

The bossman here was a massive fan of these but i never trusted him on it for some reason. It was lovely.

The state of the cup, you steamer

Jesus Christ I’m in bits here…

Those tea cakes are delicious. We’ve a little coffee morning in work tomorrow. I’m heading over to SuperValu now so maybe I’ll pick up a few for them. If nobody else likes them, I’ll have a little stash in the office :wink:

I didnt even know i was gay til i started drinking out of that cup.

2 Likes

Super boc back in Lidl :beers:

3 Likes

Tipping down to watch the young lad play on a dry spring afternoon

10 Likes

Not so long ago, you would have never seen that sight in there.

Indeed. Beat Colaiste Eoin today by 3 points which would have been unthinkable even a year or two ago.

1 Like

Mayo…. Being bate

5 Likes

Never gets old

There’s a chalk board on the wall to the side & behind the counter where you order in The Orange Goat, Killester, Dublin 5.

It usually has a “Song of the Day” or a “did you know” or a famous quote or something on it…I know, I know.

Specials & menu stuff dotted around elsewhere on other boards.

Anyway I was behind a chap earlier & he ordered the flowers fire soup when he got to the counter.

There were puzzled expressions from the assistant & barista who was also in earshot. I was eavesdropping too & was baffled. Flowers fire soup?

“What soup? We still have the weekend brunch menu today & I don’t think there’s any soup but let me check.”

“The soup of the day”, says yer man & he pointing up at the chalkboard.

Everyone glances up & over:

“SONG OF THE DAY

Flowers-Fire

Kingfishr”

Everyone had a right laugh then.

3 Likes

I guess you had to be there

11 Likes

That’s a lovely, family friendly anecdote which you can imagine Des Cahill telling with himself as the butt of the joke.

5 Likes

I just see @Cheasty ’s reply there & I was about to similarly defend the honest to goodness, clean, genuine yarn. No resorting to filth or blasphemy & an “everybody cheered” vibe off it.

2 Likes

It could have been straight out of the pages of the Readers Digest it was that wholesome a yarn.

1 Like

I was back in for a coffee this morning & had a little chuckle to myself when I saw the unchanged Song of the Day:

4 Likes

It reminded me of the owl :owl: gag in Dumb and Dumber

What’s the soupe de jour?

It’s the soup of the day

3 Likes