Things that make you a cunt

If you refer to @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy as Smithers

4 Likes

Nah. It’s a great name for him. Knowing his love for flipping he’ll probably take it as his new name soon.

5 Likes

Using Oireland, the Oirish or any other such term.

Cringe

2 Likes

Excuse me ?

1 Like

The Elf on the Shelf is great fun, kids really love hunting for him in the morning. Great bit of gallery all the same. I’m a converted man.

Smithers, eh?

Agreed

3 Likes

A man describing himself as a feminist
(@Sidney ??)

2 Likes

More of an imbecile than a cunt, but people who conflate race with ethnicity, and call others racists for criticizing cultural behavior of ethnic groups.

e.g. It is not racist to condemn the way women are treated in Muslim cultures (and were treated in Christian cultures up to recently) in particular as Muslims can be (and are) of any race. Criticism of culture which is discriminatory, violent and based on the babbling of sheep herders on acid from 4,000 years ago is not racism.

Race = people who are differentiated by physical appearance, e.g. skin color.
Ethnicity = People who are differentiated by culture, such as religion, customs, traditions, language, etc.

3 Likes

This is semantics mate, Islamaphobia is racism.

It’s Islamophobia you thick cunt.

8 Likes

Call it what you want, no need for the nastiness, you have an outdated view on what constitutes race in my opinion.
It’s not Islamophobic to condemn how women are treated in certain Muslim cultures

That’s what I just said. Islamophobia is prejudice, and often based on race, but it has nothing to do with what I was talking about.

Being called a cunt is not nasty.

1 Like

It was a nasty attack,
The twenty first century definition of Racism would include Islamophobia, it is very real, but criticising the treatment of women by certain sections of Muslim society is fair enough, any reasonably minded person could see problems with that.

Cracking idea

You’re all over the shop. You accused me of indulging in semantics to defend racism, when in fact you are making my point, although I suspect unwittingly.

All prejudice and discrimination based on ethnicity or race is wrong, unless it’s to oppose discrimination and prejudice, criminal behavior, etc. We discriminate against criminals, lock the most dangerous and violent ones up, etc. We don’t allow women be treated the way they are in every Muslim majority country (which is most Muslims worldwide, not certain Muslim cultures), we don’t allow adults to marry children, so we discriminate against certain cultures, but for the greater good of society.

Islamophobia can be based on racism, but is not in itself racist. If you had a white Limerick born couple living next to you who were Muslim i.e. followers of Islam, and mocked them for their beliefs, would that be racist?

1 Like

I am agreeing with your example but respectfully disagreeing with some of the point you made, that’s hardly unusual?
You appeared to be pissed off that some people consider islamophobia to be a form of racism and use that word in connection with it, I think that your definition of ‘racism’ is outdated,
Perhaps you’d like to clarify?

1 Like

You brought the word Islamophobia into the discussion, not I, so it’s up to you to define how you’re using it. My point is simply that criticism of certain aspects of Muslim culture, like the treatment of women, marrying children, treatment of homosexuals, punishment for social “crimes”, etc. is not alone not racist, it is necessary.

I was quite clear in distinguishing the difference between race and ethnicity, and the difference between wrongfully attacking individuals or groups because of their race or ethnicity, and opposing cultural based behavior of certain ethnic groups that are contrary to modern Western beliefs and frequently contrary to the law.

2 Likes