Things to do before you die

I brought my daughter with me today to open an account to cover the costs of funerals for the War Office and myself. Isn’t it a fucking maudlin prospect, providing for your own funeral. I’m possibly being conservative but I’m thinking somewhere around €16k might cover both. Fuck it, I’ll be dead they can bury me in galvanise for all I care.

So, I’m left to ruminate with, not what I’d like to do, but what I could do. I’m drawing up a short list beginning with watching, somehow or other, the Sopranos.
I’m foostering with a book, based on life’s experiences. This is at audio recording stage.
Our tribe are noted for longevity, I’ll get the Presidential cheque or die trying.
I’m considering a last hurrah at the Wren on Stephen’s Day, C-19 permitting.

I’ve discounted going vegan, rejecting meat, voting green, Ulysses and set-dancing.

Thread open to posters to outline their personal targets.

27 Likes

If you’re a bit of a luddite like myself, I could send you on a loan of the entire series on DVD if you want

2 Likes

Jesus, a noble gesture. A much appreciated gesture I might add.
Leave it with me for a spell. I have a few tech-sharks in the fold some I’ll open it out to them.

1 Like

Are you 70 @anon67715551

If not make sure you open a credit union account. If you do before you’re 70 and keep a few quid in it they give your next of kin a grant of 2500 towards the funeral… That’s free advice btw

12 Likes

In Cheltenham finishing parlance, we’ve cleared the last, we’re uphill from here.
Thanks for the heads up all the same, it’s of possible interest to loads of folk here. Top call.

3 Likes

Also passes outside of the will if you sign a nomination form

You’ll love the Sopranos – a man of your wise years will pick up on the multitude of subtleties it is laced with.

What about going back doing a part time course for kicks? It could be anything from knitting, to philosophy to photography?

He’ll be getting a free pen from Michael Parkinson’s crowd soon

knitting?

2 Likes

Would you ever think of collecting Dublin mint office coins?

2 Likes

Do it.

4 Likes

it’s 2020 pal - he can do whatever he wants.

@anon67715551 is in a close knit clan.

@anon67715551 - if you need any help with the book - as in adding in material for a bit of historical context, give me a shout. I have access to a lot of newspapers, tan and Irish, ranging back over 200 years …

3 Likes

I had a brief, painless interaction with these folk. I acquired the 7 coins related to the Proclamation signatories along with another random Collins momento, total outlay circa €40. Nice commerative, well presented pieces but nostalgia aside, worthless.

an audiobook for your kids and grandkids would be an amazing thing for them

ill bring you to a rovers bohs game

12 Likes

Finally some progress on that book, only been asking for five years.

I’m getting an earring before I kick the bucket @anon67715551. I’ve wanted to do it since 1976. I want to go to darkest Africa as well. This should have been the year but the fucking pandemic ruined it. I’m going to continue my quest to make beautiful alcoholic drinks out of things that grow in the garden and on the side of the road. Ultimately I’d like to become self sufficient in fruit and vegetables and only go to the shop for meat.

18 Likes

For FFS we want him to live, not die of boredom

3 Likes

most passionate sporting event in oiris sport mate