Things to do before you die

The passion there is of the same type as experienced at Easter in The Passion.

A trip to the Skelligs should be required for all Irish before the eternal goodbye.

You’re a great man @anon67715551

3 Likes

Tremendous offer.

Maybe get the book finished first Boxty… Just in case

4 Likes

:grinning:

1 Like

@anon67715551 has done everything other than write a few stories, watch tv and open a bank account. He must have been an awful rogue

1 Like

Conquer Irish fully
Route 66
Rekindle v old friendships
Apologize to all I can remember hurting
Visit cistine chapel
Kilmainham jail again
Return to Fagaras,Transylvania
Main one tell all the begrudgers to fuck away off

3 Likes

I’d like to do Route 66 or similar. Certainly some variation of driving from Chicago to California.

1 Like

This is an absolutely wonderful idea, albeit one I’m onto already. Not exactly aimed at my descendants but the descendants of the raft of characters I’ve encountered, some of the greatest people I’ve been privileged to share life with.
The breadth of decency, compassion and care shown by those with meagre resources to those with the same or less has been astounding.

11 Likes

I started to write a book a few years ago but realized that it was scutter and gave up on it.

4 Likes

Go again

Been there

The son in law could make you up a cheap bio degradable casket to keep costs down?

3 Likes

Put yourself out in the brown bin altogether.

Oooft…

You’re delving into deep, shark infested waters with this one. At a juncture of my life I had €60k in a 3 yr bond in a pillar bank. I was in the throes of a land/property transaction and needed €30k to progress the transaction by means of a deposit. They wouldn’t even lend me my own money because I’d been a signatory on a promissory note of another misfortunate and refused to cough up… About €500 that the fucker could have paid.

Mercifully I had other access points to readies.
It was a salutory lesson in the machinations of Irish Banks. Did I mention it was …

1 Like

Yes. Your descendants would love it

And the Dublin derby is also a wonderful idea

1 Like

Lovely idea mate. A great day out for any sports fan

1 Like

Go see the Great Barrier Reef, The Great Wall of China, Monument Valley and other stuff of that ilk

1 Like

First Rovers-Bohs game for both of you.

9 Likes

:astonished::astonished: