Things to do in Waterford

The postman died after a night in the pub when the pub shouldn’t have been open. Careers were on the line. Teachers, guards etc were in the pub on the night. The body was never found. The village went into omertà and has been a quare place ever since.

That’s a very enjoyable few days right there.

We did the Tannery rooms and dinner there years ago and it was great. Dungarvan is nice town for a few pints

1 Like

I didn’t know that story but always found Stradbally to be a bit of a strange spot, along with Bonmahon down the road.

Dungarvan has really good pubs .

cc @anon70480284 @Fagan_ODowd @GeoffreyBoycott
Whats the gold Coast hotel like? Asap please. Dungarvan is not awash with hotel options.

apologies cc @ChairmanDan

In sheer desperation… bumped for @Mac

1 Like

go on away out to Ardmore and stay at the Cliff House, it’s stunning

1 Like

We almost booked it before but chose not to. I stayed in Dungarvan last year in an AirBNB above a pub which was grand. Not a place to be bringing kids but fine if its just the 2 of you.

1 Like

We’ve been through this Esteban. We’ll be staying in Dungarvan. The Park hotel or the copper coast. Both seem dodgy to be honest so I was looking for some guidance. Some lad telling me Adare Manor is lovely isn’t going t help. But thanks anyway.

1 Like

The gold coast is a kip… was there last year.

2 Likes

Ta @Mac. Thanks for fitting me in between the constant abuse of the Rovers scum @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy. Was it someone’s gaff or a hotel?

1 Like

We trawled through Dungarvan options to stay with the kids. There’s fuck all there from a hotel point of view. You’d be as well to find an apartment or AirBNB either in the town or out in a scenic part of the countryside where the kids can run around a bit. Or else head to Waterford or Youghal.

That’s more like it.

I’ll PM it onto you

1 Like

you could get one of the self catering houses in the gold coast, they’re pricey enough, the hotel actually stinks, a horrible old place.

1 Like

Better off to head to Ardmore or Youghal

I gave you a Dungarvan recommendation a few weeks ago @Juhniallio, you ungrateful whelp.

1 Like

I wouldn’t know what any hotels in Dungarvan are really like, not great I’d imagine, depends on if you just want to put the head down for the night etc then I’m sure that the Gold Coast, Park or Lawlors are all fine for that

1 Like

Dungarvan is a fine spot, there’s just no decent hotel there. I’d stay in the Cliff House and drive in the 20 minutes to Dungarvan