Things to do in Waterford

The Cliff House is expensive and pretentious for what it is

it’s a 5 star luxury hotel, of course it’s pretentious and expensive.

I wouldn’t book in there the night of a stag but it’s a fantastic treat every once in a while. The spa is fucking fabulous.

Hence why I said ‘for what it is’

the food is amazing as well… fuck it, i’m going to shout down to the missus there and book a night away for ourselves down there

Waterford needs more hotel rooms . Great spot . The hipsters in Dublin won’t allow it though

Very very dated. Stopped there for grub two years ago (6/10). On the surface has everything but 25 years out of date. Park hotel not great either but step up from Gold Coast. We did AirBnB in some apartment near the police station and it was the finest.

Stayed in a mates place in west Waterford golf club a few times. Grand spot. Few of them would be on daft to rent.

1 Like

Police? Were you staying in Milton Keynes?

1 Like

The Sands in Tramore is a nice hotel. Handy spin in to Waterford.

Park is miles better and is a bog standard 3 star walking distance from town. Its clean and functional

1 Like

Ta @Bandage. I appreciated the time and effort you put in to the original post. Unfortunately, my idea of a nice weekend in Dungarvan is slightly different from your own. While I’m a fairly personable character and am even able to ring my own takeaways, if I’m away with Mrs J I’d rather not be in the next bedroom to the proprietor, no matter how good her cakes are. Mrs Miggins b&b pieshop can wait for a future visit.

1 Like

Snorting coke off the bonnet of someone else’s car outside the supervalu on the quays. Thats DeiseFolk. Weird fucking place.

1 Like

You may get the berlingo washed tomorrow

A lovely weekend in Dungarvan despite the horrendous weather. Some lovely food, A few decent pints and the greenway is superb. Only got to do a bit of it cos of the weather but we intend to get back down there with the kids in the summer. We’re thinking of about 4/5 days. I’d recommend it highly to lads with kids anything from about 5up.
Thanks to all the south east folk for their advice @ChairmanDan @Fagan_ODowd @anon70480284 @Mac @Bandage @Spidey

6 Likes

Where did you stay in the end Juhy?

Where did you stay in the end bud?

have look at the Metalman

We did airbnb about 5 mins walk from centre of town. . It was grand and I’d do it with kids but We decided next time we get away again for a few nights just the two of us we’ll go back to hotel.

2 Likes

Go to galway.

Oh FFS

You’re a day late and a dollar short* Flatty. We came home to find out my sister had a rough time while minding our kids(not entirely down to our kids) so it’ll be a while till we get to go away again.

*obviously not a dollar short