Those who have poor eyesight

They’d be able to do you now mate, do you good and proper, huge advances in the last 5 or so years.

Can you explain Astigmatism to the majority of us two eyed folk?

@Fagan_ODowd has the shape of the cross in his eyes

I have an astigmatism also. I’m booked for a session with Optilase to see if I’m suitable when I get back from my holidays. My spousal equivalent used them a few years ago and said they were good.

If it’s the less invasive option it should cost less than €1,000 after tax and health insurance discounts.

It’s basically aids of the eye.

3 Likes

Nothing worse than lads talking/giving out about physical ailments … really boils my piss.

1 Like

I got lazer treatment back in 2004. Best money I ever spent I got both Lasek and Lasik done, I forget which procedure is which. The one where they just shoot the lazer through your eye took a few more days to heal, where as the one where they cut the flap in the eye was practically perfect the next day. I took a week off as well. Had to use eye drops for a couple of weeks but never had a problem since.

Do they still cut the flap by hand or do they now use a lazer for that. That was scariest part of the procedure for me, when you see the surgeon cutting the flap in your eye. I was shitting myself.

Beautiful turn of phrase.

In simplest term your eye is rugby ball shaped.

I prefer the term oval

The day I was due to get mine done originally they rang me that morning to see there was an issue with their machine that conducts the procedure. Not exactly confidence inspiring.

Was rescheduled for a week or two later and went off without a hitch.

I wouldn’t fancy it. I’m probably too old now anyway. I know of one guy in Holland who had it done and his sight deteriorated to the extent that he cannot work now.

I know a guy who got the lasek done and three months later he did his cruciate in a match.

12 Likes

He didn’t see that coming.

6 Likes

He doesn’t now anyway

Uncanny

Nothing wrong with good old fashioned glasses.

Was playing a bit of Madden with the young fella there. Video games occasionally affect my eyes.

I’m now alarmed to log in here and see that the previously orange line under the green thread title bar now appears to look pink.

Or does it?

1 Like

It was an awful pity that this stuff only arrived just as glasses were getting cool, you wouldn’t hear lads getting referred to as 4 eyed freaks all that often nowadays.