Throne of Games - The Greatest Story Ever Told - Winter is here

Rodgers

Apparently yes. He’s in another scene too as a Lannister soldier

Lionel Messi is some soccer player!

The feminazis are seething

“hmm, how will be deal with the dragon” “maybe he’ll just fly away?” “Nice one,wrote that down.” “and at the end they all just walk off into the forest and then we fade out. What do ye think?” “Oh yes, perfect final scene.” “I can’t see how we could possibly end it any other way.” “David you genius.”

Also, it’s fairly clearly that Martin gave them the mad queen ending. They made a shit job of the story line and character development to get there though. Hopefully the fucker will pull the finger out and finish the fucking books to do it properly now. In fairness, it’ll be hard for him to even figure out how to wrap up all the threads to be told through the first person perspective device he uses.

1 Like

That’s definitely part of it. I wonder does he even think its possible for him to finish it himself.

He’s struggling so far anyway. The last two books probably have to be written at the same time more or less so he can get the ending right, the fact that he’s 8 years writing them isn’t a great sign

They’ve probably had to squeeze it into such a small time whereas GRRM has two massive books to do it.

But now everyone knows the ending so only the die-Hards will bother

A man in his state surely won’t last too much longer.

They’ve had a few seasons. It’s a much easier story to write on TV than to wrap up in a book. Each chapter of his book is told from the perspective of a single character so it’s very hard to tie it up again.

I’ve been waiting for a morbidly obese (and morbidly annoying) co-worker to die for years. It can take surprisingly long

3 Likes

Yeah I get that. But he also has scope for character changes to happen at a more natural rate rather than just at the drop of a hat.

He has one finished apparently and hasn’t started the next one. At the time of the series starting the presumption was the books would be long finished before the series caught up. Fucked that right up. You can see how it would be much easier to write the earlier books expanding out all the time than the final ones to bring them back together.

Maybe he could appoint someone to write the final books for him if he dies. They did that with the Wheel of Time and it worked well.

The TV lads have been ahead of the books for a full three series though. They had plenty time for character development.

Unless he shocks the readers early…kills off Tyrion in the earliest part of the next book, Bran does a few wheelies and one of the Dragons starts riding all round him…

It’s been well established that they made a balls of it. I’m just wondering why.

Because they didn’t have the books to go on?

Most likely. Had the fella who wrote/will write them on hand though. Maybe as Julio said above, it might have been too big to finish properly

Yeah I’d be shocked if those two books were ever released