Time for the walkers leprechaun to let it go?

[quote=ā€œfarmerinthecityā€]Lads,

Keane is a mouthpiece. He always was. What needs to stop is reaction to what he has to say. Pathetic watching him on the Late Late Show a while back where the audience lapped up everything he said. He is insignificant now. It matters not one bit what he has to say but as long as there are people talking about it, the media will keep asking him and he will keep delivering the soundbites.

I have words for you Royston nobody cares about your opinion and now go back to try to win a game with Ipswich.[/quote]

Not going to happen though farmer. I guarantee you this will be on the back pages, if not the front, of all the papers tomorrow.

Keane is a mouthpiece. He always was. What needs to stop is reaction to what he has to say. Pathetic watching him on the Late Late Show a while back where the audience lapped up everything he said. He is insignificant now. It matters not one bit what he has to say but as long as there are people talking about it, the media will keep asking him and he will keep delivering the soundbites.

I have words for you Royston nobody cares about your opinion and now go back to try to win a game with Ipswich.[/quote]

His matters more than your opinion does farmer(or anyone else on here), he played at that level, FACT.:wink:

I have words for you Royston ā€“ nobody cares about your opinion and now go back to try to win a game with Ipswich.[/quote]
It seems people do still care about his opinion Farmer, whether you agree with it or not. Itā€™s on every major media outlet here and in Britain.

[quote=ā€œbraz83ā€]But surely thatā€™s the nature of professional sport? The players have another game at the weekend. Theyā€™ve got to get over it and focus on that.

It seems to me that other people are more obsessed with Keane than the man himself is. Itā€™s hardly surprising that he has strong feelings about the FAI and some of the players involved given how he perceives the events of 2002 (whether you agree with him or not). When asked the question, he chooses to give his opinion rather than say nothing. Thatā€™s probably not the smartest thing for him to do, but itā€™s his choice. Itā€™s up to everyone who thinks heā€™s irrelevant to ignore him rather than keep on commenting every time he expresses an opinion.[/quote]

As flano and ncc sayā€¦
:clap::clap::clap:

Of course it will because they realise the media interest Keane brings. The media will lap it up, people will talk about it and the cycle begins again. The cycle needs to be broken.

I long for a day when Roy Keaneā€™s comments hold the same weight as Eoin Handā€™s or someone like that. Maybe then he will go away.

Keane does have a point though although he did sign Paul McShane. :rolleyes:

[quote=ā€œcaoimhaoinā€]No, its a Roy Keane bashing thread. I donā€™t think heā€™s an angel, and i wish he was a little more media shy Gman.

But people belittle him performances because heā€™s a cunt. I like alot of his cuntishness, but thats just me, he wanted to be the best he could, and he should be respected if not applauded for that.

He was one of Irelands greatest ever players, end of. Scumpot is right, it ainā€™t a popularity contest, and he isnā€™t into popularity, if you really analyize him.[/quote]

he was one of Irelands best players, no doubt, but personally, I think hes a cunt. and I cant rank him as one of our best players for walking out during a world cup. granted, he wants the best and has self motivation, but a lot of that motivation is for himself, and he played and has managed teams for self preservation rather than a team goal. that is a trait I really dont like in him. Iā€™m not saying he didnt carry teams (Portugal, Juve etc) but even for those, he said after they were games for him, not for the success of the team.

[quote=ā€œfarmerinthecityā€]Of course it will because they realise the media interest Keane brings. The media will lap it up, people will talk about it and the cycle begins again. The cycle needs to be broken.

I long for a day when Roy Keaneā€™s comments hold the same weight as Eoin Handā€™s or someone like that. Maybe then he will go away.[/quote]

Jaysus farmer you need to set yourself some new goals man.:smiley:

Keane is a mouthpiece. He always was.[/quote]

but he could back it up with performances when he played in fairness to himā€¦i donā€™t think its any coincidence that a lot of other great irish sportmens like Oā€™driscoll hold him in high regardā€¦i agree heā€™d want to be a bit more savvy with media and realise heā€™s being played like kipper to make a boring championship morning interview into a sky sports news all day slotā€¦

[quote=ā€œgolaā€]I used to be a big fan of Keane but went off him after Saipan and Iā€™m beginning to dislike him more and more every time he opens his mouth these days.
How does he have the lack of self awareness to tell everyone to get over one of the cruellest defeats in sporting history two days after it happens, yet in the next breath he has a little cry about John Delaney not ringing him SEVEN fucking years ago.
His pop at Shay Given too shows that everything is personal with him. There is absolutely no way the goal was Givenā€™s fault but Keane just seems to dislike him for some reason so has a dig.
This ā€˜some of the playersā€™ is ultimate Keanespeak too. Trying to create a bit of mystery about which lads he deems unworthy. Be fairly funny if he was on about McShane seeing as the idiot signed him for Sunderland.[/quote]

:clap::clap:

I donā€™t want to address any of his views but a lot of what he says is pure unadulterated bullshit.

He was a great player - of that there can be no doubt.

But he is a walking hypocrite.

actions speak louder than wordsā€¦he was booked against juve but got on with it knowing he wouldnā€™t play in finalā€¦most other players would have spent the rest of the match feeling sorry for themselvesā€¦or even worse done a gazza in wcā€™90 v germanyā€¦
always felt he was too loyal to united in a lot of regardsā€¦Iā€™d have no doubt it kills him the way he was discarded in the endā€¦

I donā€™t care that he doesnā€™t care what people think of him and I donā€™t care that heā€™s single minded and I donā€™t care that heā€™s not trying to win a popularity contest. Just pointing out that I find him boring, hypocritical and quite a retard.

[quote=ā€œfarmerinthecityā€]I donā€™t want to address any of his views but a lot of what he says is pure unadulterated bullshit.

He was a great player - of that there can be no doubt.

But he is a walking hypocrite.[/quote]

thats fair enough and there is a lot of evidence to back that upā€¦just think he does make some good points aswell regarding people wallowing in things and looking for others to blameā€¦he has been very hard on himself over the years tooā€¦

Whatā€™s NCC done now?

everyone in the world is a hypocrit to some degreeā€¦its just the oneā€™s you notice are the oneā€™s with microphoneā€™s stuck in their face everydayā€¦

[quote=ā€œscumpotā€]actions speak louder than wordsā€¦he was booked against juve but got on with it knowing he wouldnā€™t play in finalā€¦most other players would have spent the rest of the match feeling sorry for themselvesā€¦or even worse done a gazza in wcā€™90 v germanyā€¦
always felt he was too loyal to united in a lot of regardsā€¦Iā€™d have no doubt it kills him the way he was discarded in the endā€¦[/quote]

What was he meant to do? Once he got booked just stop playing?

He was probably on about 60 grand a week at the time as well.

Big wow.

:smiley:

I suppose they are to some degree. But heā€™s up at quite a level - as gola said, telling the Irish players to get over it 2 days later while wallowing about a lack of a phone call 7 years ago. I think heā€™s a bit touched.

That is it. In a nutshell.