Tipp v Wexford AI Hurling Semi Final Thread

Breen gets dropped for the last day, comes on and gets sent off and then regains his place :man_shrugging:

Sheedy letting Davy know they won’t spare the timber. Trying to spook Wexford

Tipperary didn’t spare the timber on Wexford in 1997. Think it was Rory McCarthy who got a very bad knock in that match.

When Wexford met fire with fire the next year they met in 2001 and Liam Dunne gave some timber back, there was some moaning done about it.

Wexford always liked to give a bit of timber going back to the 50s and 60s

They’ve been dishing it out a lot since Sheedy came back. Wexford will need to be ready for it Sunday

Of all teams out there Geoff, Wexford are the last ones who should complain when they’re given a bit of their own medicine.

1 Like

We haven’t dished out enough of it in the last decades.

Didn’t show enough the last day to gain a starting spot imo, did enough to be seen as good enough to go in & replace Breen after 15 mins if he’s asleep at the wheel.

Happy enough with Heffernan in there as a so called spare man, he’ll pick a pass and if shit hits the fan they must see him as a FB if Barry is in trouble.

All depends what Davy does now, if he has the gumption to throw caution to the wind and go a conventional 15 v 15 setup then he’ll spook the shit out of Sheedy & Co.
Can’t see him deviating from the plan though so I feel Tipp can handle the sweeper system pretty well.

I don’t recall any complaints from Wexford when they lost the 1997 semi final. They banked the memory of it and hit back hard in 2001.

You can see Sheedy is doing his best to instill a more cynical element to the team, it was very noticable against Laois. He will be resorting to it as a tactic to exploit Wexfords inexperience at this level again on Sunday

Really?

I watched very little of the turkey shoots in Munster this year. What sort of rough stuff are you saying Tipperary were up to?

1 Like

Bubbles, Breen and Paudie Mahers theatrics.

I know you are trying, just like I am, to get a bit of a buzz going for this fixture, generate some excitement for the people. It’s a tough sell but dammit we’ll try

Hurling is dead, pal. It’s fucked.

That sort of carry on has no place in our sport.

It’s indicitave of a back to basics approach which Sheedy has seen fit to install into his 2nd coming. Wielding the hurl with abandon and trying to get opponents sent off or suspended is something Tipp would have been noted for down the years and perhaps it’s something Sheedy felt they had been lacking in of late

1 Like

Don’t think we ever, I dunno, complained like little insecure bitches for over 20 years about a badly bruised pinky.

2 Likes

It seems to be working tbf.

Nonsense. Everyone is positively buzzing about KK/Lim. I can hardly wait for it myself!