Tipperary GAA 2010

Seeing as there are two Dedicated GAA Threads to Division 2 sides, here is one for Tipperary for the coming year.

First up on Sunday is the Footballers in the McGrath Cup. They play UL in Tipp town at 2pm. It’ll be interesting to see what sort of a side John Evans will pick. The U21s/Development squad have been training away since November. I think this is a massive year for the Kerry man. Survival in Div 2 will be tough going. He simply has to win a few Championship matches. 1 win in 4 games is not good enough even with the 2 promotions.Beating Kerry is a massive ask. A run in the Qualifiers ala Wicklow last year will bring on this team no end.

The Hurlers are not out till the 24th against Clare/WIT in Nenagh. This will be a good test for any young lads Sheedy intends on playing as Clare will be out to prove a point after last year and also to impress the sparrow while WIT will be gearing up for the Fitz by that stage. Obviousley getting back to the first Sunday in September is a must for Tipp but I think they should be looking to bring some more of the panel. In the last two years Conor O’Brien,Festy,Shane Maher,Paudie and Brendan Maher have benefited from extended runs in the league. Its time for the likes of Mickey Cahill,Gar Ryan and Hennessy to step up a notch with D Fitz and hopefully Pa Bourke to stake a claim after a poor few years. Finding a partner for Shane McGrath is a must as it looks like Woodlock wont hurl this year. Tipp will be stronger than last year im sure but how stronger that is the question?

Clare will struggle to beat WIT, a lot of the panel will be cup tied and they will have a poor enough team out

arnt WIT not meant to be shit this year though??

What’s wrong with Woodlock?

Doesn’t make a differnce they will have far more work done than Clare

fucked up his leg playing club hurling, think he broke it, say its nearly definate that he wont be hurling for tipp next year

fucking hell, i know clare are shite but surely yel beat a middling fitzgibbon cup team :rolleyes:

His girlfriend is a guard in Killaloe and she informs me that he will do well to hurl at senior club level again let alone intercounty…Was a fairly bad break, had to have a couple of pins inserted

Pretty much every lad on the clare panel that is under 25 is currently in college and cup tied or unavailable, it will be an experimental team to say the least with only a handful of training sessions under their belt…

Sick bastard going out with a female guard.

stay out of this buddy…

has the clare panel been named??

I believe he is a pig as well…She is a camogie player as well to make it worse

no, think they are meeting up this weekend coming, have heard absolutely nothing with regards to call ups…Ger if you are reading this I am fit and available:thumbsup:

youd be doing well to make the clon team first pukey;):thumbsup:

my tipp team for the 1st round of the crystal :thumbsup::

1. Darren Gleeson

2. Paddy Staleton

3. Padraic Maher

4. Paul Curran

5. David Young

6. Conor O Mahoney

7. Shane Maher

8. Gearoid Ryan

9. Brendan Maher

10. Seamus Hennessy

11. Jody Brennan

12. Lar Corbett

13. John O Neill

14. Bonnar Maher

15. Pa Bourke

the likes of Michael Cahill (think he is still in UCC), Mikey Heffernan (UL), Tom Stapleton (UL), Seamus Callinan (LIT) will all be playing with their colleges.

[quote=“noddy”]my tipp team for the 1st round of the crystal :thumbsup::

1. Darren Gleeson

2. Paddy Staleton

3. Padraic Maher

4. Paul Curran

5. David Young

6. Conor O Mahoney

7. Shane Maher

8. Gearoid Ryan

9. Brendan Maher

10. Seamus Hennessy

11. Jody Brennan

12. Lar Corbett

13. John O Neill

14. Bonnar Maher

15. Pa Bourke

the likes of Michael Cahill (think he is still in UCC), Mikey Heffernan (UL), Tom Stapleton (UL), Seamus Callinan (LIT) will all be playing with their colleges.[/quote]

John O’Neill is injured. Hurt his knee in the u21 final. dont know howbad it is though. Paddy Saint is in UL too so that rules him out for the crystal also.

Re: woodlock he broke the leg intwo places just above the ankle joint. awful break by all accounts.

Re: WIT. they are missing a few from last year but are by no means a middling Fitz team. they will be in the shake up but i feel they dont have enough fire power to win it. Bonner will get the best out of them as he always manages too

But shes not the worst lookin camogie player.

She isn’t in fairness to her…

serious camogie player too. good breeding there