Tipperary GAA 2014

100% wrong

cats have another life to use up

[QUOTE=“downyourthroats, post: 939507, member: 1497”]Potential Tipp 21 selection?

1. P Maher
  2. Barrett
  3. Breen
  4. Peters (Think he’s out for a while though?)
  5. Fox
  6. Hamill
  7. S Kennedy
  8. R Maher
  9. B Heffernan
  10. J McGrath
  11. Dan Mac
  12. Forde
  13. L McGrath
  14. C O’Riordan
  15. Gallagher

John Meagher is injured for another couple of months think. Will struggle to make it back. Stephen Cahill will be close as will Steven O’Brien.[/QUOTE]

possible clare team
quilligan
liam corry
jack browne
seadna morey
conor cleary
alan oneill gearoid oconnell
jamie shanahan
colm galvin
shane gleeson
tony kelly
peter duggan
tots oconnell aaron cunningham shane odonnell

that would leave out bobby duggan and david reidy who have both started league matchs for the seniors this year

[QUOTE=“twiceasnice97, post: 939533, member: 1061”]possible clare team
quilligan
liam corry
jack browne
seadna morey
conor cleary
alan oneill gearoid oconnell
jamie shanahan
colm galvin
shane gleeson
tony kelly
peter duggan
tots oconnell aaron cunningham shane odonnell

that would leave out bobby duggan and david reidy who have both started league matchs for the seniors this year[/QUOTE]
Is Gleeson going that well? He has the potential and make up to be the half forward we need.

That Clare team is unstoppable. Presume Waterford should be strong but they have a poor record at this level. Saw Cork’s squad…shocking would be an understatement.

Bobby Duggan will push onto it

Fit and weel I’d be very surprised if he wasn’t on it. Was part of the 26 last year when still a minor. Presume O’Donnell will struggle to make it with his hammer injury

Waterford could easily have beaten a better Clare side last year

he is going well at the moment

to be frank it might be as well for him if he didn`t make it. a good kick in the pants now might be of enormous benefit to his situation

Will ye fuck off out of here with this Clare GAA talk. :rolleyes: Use yer own thread or Clarehurlers.com

Any news on the Clare senior hurling championship lads.

Why are you asking about Clare hurling on the Tipp thread?

Intermediate Hurling Championship Group 2 result,

Thurles Sarsfields 1-27 Moyle Rovers 0-09

SARS have some array of talent to pick from at the moment, it’s scary really. :eek:

Eamon O’Shea was embarrassingly rattled after the game yesterday. Would make you wonder is he cut out for the job.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/orsquoshea-keeps-it-short-and-snappy-267523.html

Tipperary boss Eamon O’Shea delivered short, snappy answers in deadpan fashion when quizzed by reporters after yesterday’s Allianz Hurling League final.

O’Shea’s demeanour hinted at internal dissatisfaction after Kilkenny claimed a second successive League crown at Tipp’s expense.

O’Shea was clearly not in the mood to discuss his side’s defeat at length after this extra-time epic. “It was just a game. We lost the game by a point – I don’t believe in lucky and unlucky,” was O’Shea’s first answer.

And when asked what the difference between the two teams on the day was, he replied: “There was no difference.”

O’Shea was then offered the chance to discuss the positives from Tipp’s display and he acknowledged: “The performance of the players. Very good performance – I really thought the players really played well. I thought the performance was outstanding – my players were outstanding. Anybody in this group who criticised this group of players, I think you need to think again.”

The refereeing of James Owens was a topic for debate at full-time but O’Shea refused to criticise the Wexford whistler. He said: “It happens in a game – it happens in a game, up and down, you get ebb and flow.”

And O’Shea insisted there is no danger his players have invested too much in this year’s League – an accusation levelled at the players following the 2013 campaign. He added: “I thought it was a great game, a fantastic game to watch and for our players to play in. But we’re just focused on this game at the moment. I’ll think about it during the week. Really proud of the players – thought they were outstanding…”

One reporter suggested to O’Shea he was not going to say ‘an awful lot’ and the Kilruane MacDonagh’s man replied: “I’ve got really good players in the dressing room – what else do you want me to say? Brilliant match – hope ye enjoyed it. A game like that will bring you on. Great to play a game like that.”

Another reporter wondered how losing another big game to Kilkenny might impact on the Tipperary psyche and O’Shea snapped: “I don’t feel like you feel.”

In extra-time, O’Shea decided to bring a core nucleus of players in and out of the fray rather than running through his squad. Seamus Callanan, John O’Dwyer and John O’Brien were brought in and out and O’Shea insisted: “We were happy with the players that were in there. When you’re involved in a game like that, the tempo is such it’s hard for players to come in off the bench. I was happy with the players we had and the players we’ll use again. The decision to use the players, in the tempo of the game, was my decision really.”

Asked for his views on the two penalties, O’Shea shrugged: “Referees are there to give penalties.”

[QUOTE=“carryharry, post: 940951, member: 1517”]Eamon O’Shea was embarrassingly rattled after the game yesterday. Would make you wonder is he cut out for the job.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/orsquoshea-keeps-it-short-and-snappy-267523.html

Tipperary boss Eamon O’Shea delivered short, snappy answers in deadpan fashion when quizzed by reporters after yesterday’s Allianz Hurling League final.

O’Shea’s demeanour hinted at internal dissatisfaction after Kilkenny claimed a second successive League crown at Tipp’s expense.

O’Shea was clearly not in the mood to discuss his side’s defeat at length after this extra-time epic. “It was just a game. We lost the game by a point – I don’t believe in lucky and unlucky,” was O’Shea’s first answer.

And when asked what the difference between the two teams on the day was, he replied: “There was no difference.”

O’Shea was then offered the chance to discuss the positives from Tipp’s display and he acknowledged: “The performance of the players. Very good performance – I really thought the players really played well. I thought the performance was outstanding – my players were outstanding. Anybody in this group who criticised this group of players, I think you need to think again.”

The refereeing of James Owens was a topic for debate at full-time but O’Shea refused to criticise the Wexford whistler. He said: “It happens in a game – it happens in a game, up and down, you get ebb and flow.”

And O’Shea insisted there is no danger his players have invested too much in this year’s League – an accusation levelled at the players following the 2013 campaign. He added: “I thought it was a great game, a fantastic game to watch and for our players to play in. But we’re just focused on this game at the moment. I’ll think about it during the week. Really proud of the players – thought they were outstanding…”

One reporter suggested to O’Shea he was not going to say ‘an awful lot’ and the Kilruane MacDonagh’s man replied: “I’ve got really good players in the dressing room – what else do you want me to say? Brilliant match – hope ye enjoyed it. A game like that will bring you on. Great to play a game like that.”

Another reporter wondered how losing another big game to Kilkenny might impact on the Tipperary psyche and O’Shea snapped: “I don’t feel like you feel.”

In extra-time, O’Shea decided to bring a core nucleus of players in and out of the fray rather than running through his squad. Seamus Callanan, John O’Dwyer and John O’Brien were brought in and out and O’Shea insisted: “We were happy with the players that were in there. When you’re involved in a game like that, the tempo is such it’s hard for players to come in off the bench. I was happy with the players we had and the players we’ll use again. The decision to use the players, in the tempo of the game, was my decision really.”

Asked for his views on the two penalties, O’Shea shrugged: “Referees are there to give penalties.”[/QUOTE]
I think I’ll judge whether he is cut out for the job on performances, not fucking interviews :smiley:

What did you think of it Harry? Both penalties looked harsh to me though in real time from where the ref was there would always be a chance they would be given.

@carryharry, why are you so down on Tipperary?

Disappointing result, pal.
But the additions of Barry, O’Meara & Barrett is welcome news & hugely positive. The continued regression in form Callinan shows against KK is worrying though. For a lad of his size & strength to go missing when it gets physical is disappointing.
Brendan Maher was excellent yesterday so that’s a big bonus as he struggled to make a serious impact throughout the league i thought. Bonnar stepped it up also, i just wish he would lift his head more & be aware of teammates is better positions.

I suppose the difference yesterday was the options KK had on the line which probably saw them home. Bar Geroid Ryan, Shane Bourke* & John O’Brien we were paper thin in forward options.

*Shane Bourke was made a cunt of yesterday imo.

Down? Telling it as i see it bud.

I think kk were at full tilt though, and suspect Cody is a bit worried. He was rattled yesterday anyway. I thought tipp hurled beautifully in spots and as long as their confidence is bolstered rather than shaken they will be a serious force in the championship. Kk will have three big physical battles just to get out of Leinster.