Tipperary GAA 2014

Limerick first up is tough enough though if they don’t implode. I still think they have the hurling to trouble anyone if they play.

[QUOTE=“carryharry, post: 940951, member: 1517”]Eamon O’Shea was embarrassingly rattled after the game yesterday. Would make you wonder is he cut out for the job.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/orsquoshea-keeps-it-short-and-snappy-267523.html

Tipperary boss Eamon O’Shea delivered short, snappy answers in deadpan fashion when quizzed by reporters after yesterday’s Allianz Hurling League final.

O’Shea’s demeanour hinted at internal dissatisfaction after Kilkenny claimed a second successive League crown at Tipp’s expense.

O’Shea was clearly not in the mood to discuss his side’s defeat at length after this extra-time epic. “It was just a game. We lost the game by a point – I don’t believe in lucky and unlucky,” was O’Shea’s first answer.

And when asked what the difference between the two teams on the day was, he replied: “There was no difference.”

O’Shea was then offered the chance to discuss the positives from Tipp’s display and he acknowledged: “The performance of the players. Very good performance – I really thought the players really played well. I thought the performance was outstanding – my players were outstanding. Anybody in this group who criticised this group of players, I think you need to think again.”

The refereeing of James Owens was a topic for debate at full-time but O’Shea refused to criticise the Wexford whistler. He said: “It happens in a game – it happens in a game, up and down, you get ebb and flow.”

And O’Shea insisted there is no danger his players have invested too much in this year’s League – an accusation levelled at the players following the 2013 campaign. He added: “I thought it was a great game, a fantastic game to watch and for our players to play in. But we’re just focused on this game at the moment. I’ll think about it during the week. Really proud of the players – thought they were outstanding…”

One reporter suggested to O’Shea he was not going to say ‘an awful lot’ and the Kilruane MacDonagh’s man replied: “I’ve got really good players in the dressing room – what else do you want me to say? Brilliant match – hope ye enjoyed it. A game like that will bring you on. Great to play a game like that.”

Another reporter wondered how losing another big game to Kilkenny might impact on the Tipperary psyche and O’Shea snapped: “I don’t feel like you feel.”

In extra-time, O’Shea decided to bring a core nucleus of players in and out of the fray rather than running through his squad. Seamus Callanan, John O’Dwyer and John O’Brien were brought in and out and O’Shea insisted: “We were happy with the players that were in there. When you’re involved in a game like that, the tempo is such it’s hard for players to come in off the bench. I was happy with the players we had and the players we’ll use again. The decision to use the players, in the tempo of the game, was my decision really.”

Asked for his views on the two penalties, O’Shea shrugged: “Referees are there to give penalties.”[/QUOTE]

You’re easily embarrassed CH.
Don’t see anything too wrong with not wanting to be drawn out on the refereeing performance.

[QUOTE=“Mullach Ide, post: 941020, member: 141”]You’re easily embarrassed CH.
Don’t see anything too wrong with not wanting to be drawn out on the refereeing performance.[/QUOTE]
The whole tone of his interview wasn’t great imo. Were you happy with the substitutions yesterday?

John O’Brien was a bit odd, but I imagine he was only brought on to try and win some puck-outs as Tipp were chasing and KK backs were on top.

[QUOTE=“carryharry, post: 940991, member: 1517”]Disappointing result, pal.
But the additions of Barry, O’Meara & Barrett is welcome news & hugely positive. The continued regression in form Callinan shows against KK is worrying though. For a lad of his size & strength to go missing when it gets physical is disappointing.
Brendan Maher was excellent yesterday so that’s a big bonus as he struggled to make a serious impact throughout the league i thought. Bonnar stepped it up also, i just wish he would lift his head more & be aware of teammates is better positions.

I suppose the difference yesterday was the options KK had on the line which probably saw them home. Bar Geroid Ryan, Shane Bourke* & John O’Brien we were paper thin in forward options.

*Shane Bourke was made a cunt of yesterday imo.[/QUOTE]

How was Shane Bourke made a cunt of?

Callinans record against Kilkenny is far from poor. He had an excellent second half to the AI Final in '09 after being taken out by a disgusting shoulder charge in the opening minutes. He made a brilliant cameo performance from the bench in 2010. He didnt play in 2012 and wasn’t the worst below in Nowlan Park last July. His destruction of the Kilkenny full back line in February was one of the highlights of the League.

He wasn’t at his best yesterday ut still nailed all the frees and sent over a crucial score in ET.

PS I wouldn’t bother getting worked up about anything Jackie Cahill writes either.

I’d say Jackie is being hunted by a black dog today :smiley:

Jackie wrote what O’Shea said kid. o_O

With his own slant.

Callinan goes missing when games are of a championship intensity. Apart from the Munster championship in 2008 I can’t recall him winning a battle in summer time. He scored a couple of good points when he came on in the 2010 final when the game had opened out a bit but thats his type of thing.

A flat track bully.

[QUOTE=“Special Olympiakos, post: 941200, member: 366”]Callinan goes missing when games are of a championship intensity. Apart from the Munster championship in 2008 I can’t recall him winning a battle in summer time. He scored a couple of good points when he came on in the 2010 final when the game had opened out a bit but thats his type of thing.

A flat track bully.[/QUOTE]
:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=“Special Olympiakos, post: 941200, member: 366”]Callinan goes missing when games are of a championship intensity. Apart from the Munster championship in 2008 I can’t recall him winning a battle in summer time. He scored a couple of good points when he came on in the 2010 final when the game had opened out a bit but thats his type of thing.

This is his year.

Callanan destroyed both Cork and Clare in 2011.

As I said games of a championship intensity. They scored 7 goals in the non event 2011 Munster final ffs do you really need to be told how p1ss poor the semi and quarters were in terms of instensity?

They ran into Dublin in the AI semi who actually tackled them and only got through with a fluky early goal.

The last 4 Tipp/KK league finals had far more cut in them than any Munster championship game I can remember involving Tipp in recent memory.

Who bottled the free to force ET in the 09 decider? Only to be bailed out by Noel McGrath a few minutes later.

Callinan is a lovely hurler with great speed and a good touch but only when the game is of the harmless variety.

Lots of club games on over the weekend.

Ballina beat Mullinahone 2-10 to 1-11 and Eire Og Annacarthy hammered Toome 0-15 to 0-07 tonight.

Lots more on tomorrow.

[QUOTE=“downyourthroats, post: 943233, member: 1497”]Lots of club games on over the weekend.

Ballina beat Moneygall 2-10 to 1-11 and Eire Og Annacarthy hammered Toome 0-15 to 0-07 tonight.

Lots more on tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
Twas Mullinahone Ballina beat not Moneygall

Correct, not sure what I was thinking there. Will edit it there now.

Mikey Breen sent off too for Ballina.

Throw up tomorrows fixtures lads & ye’re picks please. Might chance an accum.

Predictions for @carryharry

Sars v Upperchurch - Sars by 10+
Kilruane v Roscrea - Kilruane by 6
JK Brackens v Holcross - Very close, too hard to call
Kilenaule v Carrick Swan - Kilenaule b 4
BorrisIleigh v Moneygall - Borris by 5+
Drom Inch v Boherlahon - Drom by at least 25.
Loughmore v Moycarkey -Loughmore by 3.
Nenagh v Templederr - Nenagh by 5

Moneygall again?