Tipperary GAA 2014

Sure they drank Clems dry.

It’s about time @Joe Player[/USER] got in on this thread and straightened [USER=1517]@carryharry out.

[QUOTE=“carryharry, post: 956095, member: 1517”]Sheedy would be better off keeping his beak out of this one, he had a job to round the crew up for a flight home from Spain after a booze up on a training trip. Glass houses etc.
[/QUOTE]

Is that not what he’s saying? That this sort of thing goes on the whole time?

The issue most within the County would have is the fact that even after losing last Sunday, the panel en masse go boozing together. Most should have the cop on to keep it quiet enough when these sessions occur. Having a knees up inside & around Thurles ain’t too bright.

[QUOTE=“carryharry, post: 956095, member: 1517”]Sheedy would be better off keeping his beak out of this one, he had a job to round the crew up for a flight home from Spain after a booze up on a training trip. Glass houses etc.

Personally, I am delighted a relatively mild mannered writer such as Dundon highlighted this issue. Amateurs or not, this Tipp panel need to recognise the responsibility they must shoulder playing for Tipp. Otherwise they should fuck off & leave lads who are interested in.[/QUOTE]

It was tolerated because tipp were winning back then. Most counties go again the day after. It’s just not reported like Tipp. That said boozing in Thurles the day after is not wise. Should have gone to some quiet spot like Ballagh or New inn where no one would see them.

In fairness most teams go for pints after the first round of the championship, win or lose. They probably have trained like dogs over the last few months so are entitled to let off a bit of steam. They don’t have another game for weeks. An issue is being made here because they lost. Some of the Limerick lads were out in town Sunday night and no-one had any issue with it. They probably won’t have another drop until they are out of the championship. I’d imagine it will be the same for the Tipp panel.

Probably not the wisest thing to go again on the Monday in Thurles, though. Fans are fickle and will look for blame after a championship defeat. Players going for a couple of quiet pints on the Monday can soon mushroom into “he was seen falling around the Square in Thurles in the middle of the day and had to be thrown into a taxi home.”

[QUOTE=“dodgy-keeper, post: 956306, member: 1552”]In fairness most teams go for pints after the first round of the championship, win or lose. They probably have trained like dogs over the last few months so are entitled to let off a bit of steam. They don’t have another game for weeks. An issue is being made here because they lost. Some of the Limerick lads were out in town Sunday night and no-one had any issue with it. They probably won’t have another drop until they are out of the championship. I’d imagine it will be the same for the Tipp panel.

Probably not the wisest thing to go again on the Monday in Thurles, though. Fans are fickle and will look for blame after a championship defeat. Players going for a couple of quiet pints on the Monday can soon mushroom into “he was seen falling around the Square in Thurles in the middle of the day and had to be thrown into a taxi home.”[/QUOTE]
Butt out you.

Tipp cunts can’t handle Richie McCarthy not to mention their liquor

Don’t see the Windies making it back carry , no confidence. Ye’d be as well meeting a strong side next in the qualifiers and bowing out quietly until next year.

The heavy drinking Tipp players have shown a serious lack of respect to the Tipperary public.

The Tipp management have questions to answer here. If they approved it, it shows questionable judgement. If they did not approve it, it shows a loss of control.

:pint::pint:

This Monday club thing is like the man utd christmas party going by what i’ve heard. Loads of young ones texted, picked up and bussed in to ‘join’ the party allegedly.
Coppingers are making an absolute fortune from it.
Did the alleged roasting video ever surface down there?

I’m sure tipp always appreciate constructive posting like that from kk. :slight_smile:

Seemingly a Mi Wadi conference was called during the week where Prof* O’Shea told the boys to shape up or ship the fuck out!

Pity that no one invited poor Buggy O’Meara to this meeting last year.

Prof* kindly sponsored by @Joe Player :clap:

lads wtf is the big deal about a few lads in their 20s having a few drinks the night of a game and day after? Premiership footballers sip ale between games FFS and they are paid professionals

The Kerry footballers would always be seen having a few drinks in Killarney the night of the munster final and be known to turn up in various pubs around the county next day. The Dublin footballers would be around Dublin drinking the night of a championship game and have a few haunts for next day beverages as well.

I would be more concerned if the Tipp lads didn’t go on some bit of a bender after a narrow defeat like that.

[QUOTE=“carryharry, post: 956494, member: 1517”]Seemingly a Mi Wadi conference was called during the week where Prof* O’Shea told the boys to shape up or ship the fuck out!

Pity that no one invited poor Buggy O’Meara to this meeting last year.

Prof* kindly sponsored by @Joe Player :clap:[/QUOTE]
Didn’t hear that.

The Monday Club is a complete joke at this stage. All the problems it has caused in the last 2-3 years and yet the players still go there. These players simply cannot be trusted with drink and go full wrong every night the are out.

I’m not sure about them going to smaller villages either. Remember the piss up in BorrisIleigh after the 2006 Munster Final…? Wherever a Tipp team go drinking, trouble is never far away…!

[QUOTE=“downyourthroats, post: 956509, member: 1497”]Didn’t hear that.

The Monday Club is a complete joke at this stage. All the problems it has caused in the last 2-3 years and yet the players still go there. These players simply cannot be trusted with drink and go full wrong every night the are out.

I’m not sure about them going to smaller villages either. Remember the piss up in BorrisIleigh after the 2006 Munster Final…? Wherever a Tipp team go drinking, trouble is never far away…![/QUOTE]

I don’t and in the best traditions of the GAA neither do the players themselves probably. :pint:

[QUOTE=“kerry1891, post: 956508, member: 1379”]lads wtf is the big deal about a few lads in their 20s having a few drinks the night of a game and day after? Premiership footballers sip ale between games FFS and they are paid professionals
[/QUOTE]

Because they’re from Tipp. You might as well be asking why we don’t let dogs drive cars.

[QUOTE=“kerry1891, post: 956508, member: 1379”]lads wtf is the big deal about a few lads in their 20s having a few drinks the night of a game and day after? Premiership footballers sip ale between games FFS and they are paid professionals

The Kerry footballers would always be seen having a few drinks in Killarney the night of the munster final and be known to turn up in various pubs around the county next day. The Dublin footballers would be around Dublin drinking the night of a championship game and have a few haunts for next day beverages as well.

I would be more concerned if the Tipp lads didn’t go on some bit of a bender after a narrow defeat like that.[/QUOTE]
Shut up.

True dat. At least when the clare lads drink they are not just drinking, there is a real purpose about it.

I would be more concerned if the Tipp lads didn’t go on some bit of a bender after a narrow defeat like that.[/QUOTE]
Ah but the difference here is that these are traditional gaa counties. Lads in Tipp living off scraps once every decade need all hands to the pumps at all times

We’re back :pint::pint: