Tipperary GAA 2014

Limerick are in as good if not better shape than Tipp.

Probably. Maybe. We need to rebuild a half back line, add a corner back and corner forward, and need three key players to recover top form having been short of it this year. If so, yeah, we’re set.

I assume he’s headed back to the States for a teaching post he had set up.

The one thing that I would worry about if EOS stays on is his ability to make the hard calls and drop some of the underperforming lads from 2010. He seems to be far too loyal to some of them. They have some very good young players coming through and a small but more balance to the side from 8 to 15 and they will go very close again next year

We probably need 4 or 5 lads to make the step up next year. 2-3 to break into the starting team with another 1 or 2 making an impact off the bench. This time last year, few would have predicted that Barrett and Barry would have had such an impact. We now need Gallagher, Breen, Ronan Maher and possibly O’Riordan and John Meagher to make the breakthrough. Others to look out for would be Liam McGrath, Seamus Kennedy and Tom Fox. Paul Maher might be worth having a look at in goals.

seriously?

How many Mahers do tipp need on the team? Are they all cousins?

Question for the tipp lads. You say that EOS was slow to make changes. But did he have real options on the bench?

I’d have put Denis Maher on in the forwards. A ball winner who is very accurate. After the 2nd kk point in the 2nd half I would have been down to Gleeson to tell him not to play it long or slow it down at least. You could see KK had the momentum and it was like hitting it against a wall in those first 15mins of the 2nd half. I also would have encouraged our forwards to shoot from long range. They carried the ball into the tackle way too much and as a result lost it or were crowded out. As I said last week we have the players to score from distance.

I just felt something had to be do e to slow KKs momentum in that first 15 of the second half.

Is it true Niall came home from America for the AI Replay and was basically told to sit with the extended panel?

Well, in the backs he did in Cahill and O Mahoney but in the forwards we don’t have much to be honest. I don’t really rate Denis Maher that highly but a lot of Tipp supporters do. I think he’s a bit slow. I don’t know what to think of Forde because he got a real chance in the league this year and was terrible in most games, he lacks pace too.

Yes his pace is frightening.

MOTM in an All Ireland Minor Final too.

[QUOTE=“downyourthroats, post: 1025011, member: 1497”]Yes his pace is frightening.

MOTM in an All Ireland Minor Final too.[/QUOTE]
Big ask for Gallagher to step up if he couldn’t make the starting U21 team this year.

Is he playing Fitzgibbon, should be no problem if so .

[QUOTE=“downyourthroats, post: 1025011, member: 1497”]Yes his pace is frightening.

MOTM in an All Ireland Minor Final too.[/QUOTE]

i agree with you, the way he runs is certainly frightening

Clean Ireland Recycling County Senior Hurling Championship (1st half,23 min) Loughmore Castleiney 0-4 Toomevara 1-7

1-08 to 0-7 to Toome at half time. Just after lumping on Loughmore in running at 16/5.

#NeverBet

[QUOTE=“downyourthroats, post: 1026696, member: 1497”]1-08 to 0-7 to Toome at half time. Just after lumping on Loughmore in running at 16/5.

#NeverBet[/QUOTE]

Toome gone back to roinn 2 after getting beaten today.
ft loughmore 1-19 toome 2-13

Sars are back.

Beat Portroe 0-27 to 0-06.

[QUOTE=“downyourthroats, post: 1026696, member: 1497”]1-08 to 0-7 to Toome at half time. Just after lumping on Loughmore in running at 16/5.

#NeverBet[/QUOTE]
Grand to open the PP account with a nice tidy profit for the day:pint::pint::pint: