Tipperary GAA 2014

Do you want to eat me after you shoot me on St Stephens Green?

I plan on placing a call to Peadgh Tyvoy prior to kick off.

I’ve said too much.

I forgive you pal, I know you didn’t mean it.

Shoots eats and leaves.

I’m leaving the house in 10 minutes heading over to Thurles to see the lads. Should be a great game. I’d say we’ll beat by 6 at least. There’s fire in our bellies this year. I’ll be driving har so I’ll not be having a pint after the game but I’ll stand you a pint in Bowes before the game. Be there at 6. You’ll know me when you see me.

Well at least we got the win. Early in the year to make any judgement but in fairness the Deise were unlucky not to draw it at least.

Twas poor enough. Michael Cahill outstanding as usual. In all honesty I can’t see us winning an all Ireland this year. Just don’t have the forwards.

Or the backs mate.

I disagree. I think we have a better set of backs than most teams

Can Curran and O’Mahony still play to their prior standards? If not who is 3 and 6?

O Mahoney was full back last night and did reasonably well. Paudie Maher centre back played well too.

TIPPERARY (SH v Kilkenny):
Darren Gleeson (Portroe);
Cathal Barrett (Holycross-Ballycahill), Conor O’Mahony (Newport), Michael Cahill (Thurles Sarsfields);
Shane McGrath (Ballinahinch), Padraic Maher (Thurles Sarsfields), Paddy Stapleton (Borris-Ileigh);
Brendan Maher (Borris-Ileigh – Captain), Conor O’Brien (Eire Og Annacarty Donohill);
Kieran Bergin (Killenaule), Noel McGrath (Loughmore-Castleiney), James Woodlock (Drom & Inch);
Seamus Callanan (Drom & Inch), Paddy Murphy (Nenagh Eire Og), Jason Forde (Silvermines)

Do ye reckon Maher will stay centre back. I think he’s far more effective at wing back drifting across.

He is but we can’t really afford to have him wing at the moment with O Mahoney back at full. Callinan is our only real threat in the forwards unless Forde begins to show that he’s capable of playing come championship

I reckon he will stay no6 alright, O’Mahony hasn’t the pace for the position anymore imo. In saying that, i can’t really say i fancy O’Mahony at no3 either.

Would have said the initial burst of pace is more important at 3. Is curran coming back?

Don’t know. If he doesn’t return, best of luck to him. A great player who owes the County nothing.

Yeah agree. I reckon they’ll be wanting him to slot back in though.

I think Curran was going for an operation over the winter. If he comes back I’d put him straight back in full back and O Mahoney.back out centre. I think pace isn’t much of an issue at all at centre back and Padraig Maher always seems to play better on the wing

The lads are doing the business so far.