Tipperary Gaa 2017

Breen is a funny one. He was about to be dropped off the minor panel in 2012 when playing as a forward. They put him in full back in a challenge, he thrived and won an AI there.

Plays CF for his club and was there for UCC as well.

I think he is best suited coming off the bench with twenty to go when the game is stretched and loose as he did vs Wexford in the league semi. As @Big_Dan_Campbell alluded to he is good at making runs from deep and getting passes off the shoulder. I don’t think he offers enough in general play.

He added: “Kilkenny have agreed to similar requests in the past. Their county board have always been very pro-active in supporting and helping counties like Westmeath to promote the small ball game. In return we would agree to travel to Kilkenny to play them in any competitive football games.”
:grin:

Tipp should have gone along with it, not like anyone from Tipp was going anyway.

We couldn’t take the chance. Sure didn’t Limerick nearly get caught up there in the qualifiers in the last year or two.

There seemed to be a contentious goal awarded that day iirc. Downes? Also was a wet game and a sending off from my recollections of the highlights

Westmeath never feared Tipp

4 Likes

It’s a fairly average Cork side. The fact that there are three of the Colmans side that was hammered in the Harty final starting says a lot. Best line is the full-forward line, which is very rare for any Cork team. If Tipp have a decent full-back line and goalie you’ll win this handy.

UCC have tried Breen everywhere. Corner back, full back, wing back, centre back, midfield and centre forward with little success anywhere.

Apparently his best game was at CF this year in the semi final.

Cute Cork hoor, talking them down. This isn’t an average Cork team.

Ye Leinster cunts are constantly whinging about Home games.

Paul Browne I think. Was a classic Limerick affair where it looked like we would lose it for about 50-60 mins before Westmeath’s sheer shitness prevailed. Tipp typically win those kind of games by 20-something points.

It was definitely a goal tbf, Browne scored it.

I think Tipp will win comfortably no matter where it’s played but I can definitely see why Ryan wouldn’t cede any advantage. People would probably accuse them of being arrogant in the other case.

That Colmans team were hammered by a Templemore team who had a load of lads on the half year. Brian McGrath and Fairbrother started for the 21s the other night.

1 Like

Bad form out of chip not bringing game to mullingar. Bressie might even have attended

They couldn’t raise the money for the bus

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Fair play.
I went to Mullingar that night. Twas a grand evening and a big crowd was there to see the lads.
Chipp :thumbsdown:

1 Like

Very bad form. As if they’re not going to flog them either way. Tipp county board are hungry bastards anyway. Every game in thurles you hear the attendance announced your like wtf.

1 Like

Went for a squint on PView. They’re unimpressed at the Westmeath lad going to the media and are calling for a 30 point beating, minimum :laughing:

The lads are absolutely fuming that they might miss a 20 point beating in which they learn absolutely nothing anyway

Apes.

Tipp Team v Westmeath: Mooney D Maher Hamill Barry ODwyer R Maher P Maher B Maher N McGrath D McCormack P Maher Breen ODwyer Callanan OMeara

Not enough Mahers

4 Likes