Tipperary Gaa 2017

Even Limerick have a better record. That’s when you know something has gone seriously astray.

1 Like

29 teams is down from 34 I think a few years back, they are trying to do something about it in fairness. A lot of clubs want to hold onto Senior status although they are clearly not up to it, Cashel won an appeal to stay Senior a few years back, Ballybacon were relegated instead. Cashel got relegated anyway a year or two later and Ballybacon are now Junior A!

You can’t win the Championship from Roinn 2.
2 teams are relegated from Roinn 1 to Roinn 2 with the two teams contesting the O’Riain Cup Final from Roinn 2 promoted to Roinn 1 the following year.

All Senior clubs contest their divisional championship, with the winner of each of the 4 divisions getting a place in a preliminary quarter final. If a Roinn 2 team wins their division they can still play in the county championship as a divisional winner.

Championship structure for 2018 is yet to be agreed so expect changes. The aim was to get the championship down to 24 teams maximum.

2 Likes

Tipp in Training looks to be the event of the weekend.

1 Like

The Kilkenny cunts will be seething that we are now the ones with “intense famous training sessions”

1 Like

The problem in Tipperary is the Divisional Boards. They are ruled by idiots in general.

Tipp is a massive County & this causes major headaches as regards grading teams as the Divisions are not equally matched with Senior teams. The Mid & North totally rule the Senior grade with the West & South making up minimal numbers.

In an ideal world there would be 24 teams but it’ll never be easy keep this in check with Divisional Boards looking are making themselves relevant.

I don’t think you can blame poor club performances outside of Tipp on having too many senior teams. I think a big issue is that Thurles are perfectly suited to playing in Semple where all the major knockout games are played. They are perfectly suited to playing in a place with no atmosphere. I don’t know exact figures but every time they lose or are run close it seems to be in smaller grounds where the other team are getting strong support from the crowd and the crowd is on top of the field.

Another issue is that the one team in Tipp that I think could realistically beat them in Semple in Drom find it hard to beat other teams

http://i.imgur.com/gUbwTTl.gif[quote=“the_man_himself, post:66, topic:23713, full:true”]
I don’t think you can blame poor club performances outside of Tipp on having too many senior teams. I think a big issue is that Thurles are perfectly suited to playing in Semple where all the major knockout games are played. They are perfectly suited to playing in a place with no atmosphere. I don’t know exact figures but every time they lose or are run close it seems to be in smaller grounds where the other team are getting strong support from the crowd and the crowd is on top of the field.

[/quote]

More things need to be digitised :clap:

http://tipperarystudies.ie/digitisation-project/tipperary-gaa-yearbooks/

3 Likes

Tipp Team V Dublin: Mooney D Maher Barry OKeeffe Hamill R Maher P Maher B Maher Bergin OBrien Forde N McGrath ODwyer Callanan A McCormack

Is that John O’Keeffe at corner back? Thought he was long gone off the scene

He came back on the panel after league last year, same as Donagh Maher. Both were on the 2011 panel, O’Keefe hauled off in all Ireland final. He played a league game against Waterford in 2012 and had a stinker. Was off the panel soon after and played with Kerry for a while.

Good sign of management that they can look to fellas who many had written off. Donagh Maher has been one of the best backmen in club hurling for last few years in county and it was great to see him come on in all Ireland final last September.

1 Like

O’Keefe was left on Shefflin in 11 and Kk targeted him.one of Big Decs mistakes that day. Good hurler but got exposed in his first all Ireland. Delighted for Mooney, hopefully can nail down the number 1 spot.

Yes and O’Keefe wasn’t even worst player on field when he was hauled off. Would have made more sense to switch him with Paudie Maher that day

1 Like

that cork man looks to have kerry socks on!

Tipperary SH team to play Waterford this weekend,

1. Daragh Mooney – Éire Óg Annacarty-Donohill
  2. Donagh Maher – Burgess
  3. James Barry – Upperchurch-Drombane
  4. Joe O’Dwyer – Killenaule
  5. Seamus Kennedy – St. Marys
  6. Tomás Hamill – Moyne-Templetuohy
  7. Padraic Maher (Capt.) – Thurles Sarsfields
  8. Brendan Maher – Borris-Ileigh
  9. Kieran Bergin – Killenaule
  10. Dan McCormack – Borris-Ileigh
  11. Jason Forde – Silvermines
  12. Steven O’Brien – Ballina
  13. Aidan McCormack – Thurles Sarsfields
  14. John McGrath – Loughmore-Castleiney
  15. Niall O’Meara - Kilruane MacDonaghs

Is that O’Brien’s first start?

Started last week.

cc @Mullach_Ide

Give us your thoughts on today’s action please. Were the Blaa’s well behaved?

5 in a row.
5 IN A FUCKING ROW LADS.

Great win for us today

2 in a row is a certainty

2 Likes