Tipperary GAA 2018

The way Barrett is going, he could end up in a really bad place like hosting GAA podcasts on sportsjoe.ie

2 Likes

Is there any good reason Michael Breen didn’t start against Limerick? If not in the forwards he could have been deployed midfield. I thought he troubled us well enough in the league semi final. Is he carrying a knock?

I think it was mentioned on the GAA Hour that he had a hamstring injury…

I’d have him in fullback.

My sources tell me he’s fond of more than drink. I’m afraid Cathal is fucking his talent away, doubt he’ll hurl with Tipp this year. A bit of a fucking ape I’m told.

He’s not right in the head at all.

Breen’s problem is his versatility. He’s played half back, midfield, half forward, centre forward, corner forward and full forward for the county at this stage. Since the second half of the all Ireland semi in 2016, he hasn’t really shown up in a big game.

I’d love to see him get a go in the backs. Not sure if it’ll happen under this management, or if he’d work out there

Couple of his fellow team mates wouldn’t have a huge amount of time for him anyway

Many of them want him gone

Doesn’t he play in the backs or midfield for his club? The positions tipp have problems in? Sometimes it’s not rocket science.

The county board thought they were being smart getting him out of trouble when he was younger but instead they should have let him take his medicine and let him learn his lessons as a young fella. He didn’t and he’s pissed away his career and at 26 he’s not wanted by tipp so no more favours from the county board. He’s done himself no favours but they’ve fucked the lad over big time.

Does personal responsibility not come in to this ??

Yes but getting him out of trouble at 19/20/21 simply because he was a good hurler isn’t right and insured he didn’t learn his lessons. He thought he was above the law.

Club have moved him about a bit as well. Have seen him play CF for them, which is where I think he played his last year at UCC as well, but could be corrected on that

The world don’t work that way young man

He usually plays in the forwards for Ballina I think. William Maher at minor was the first to put him in the backs and he was excellent full back at minor and u21

To be honest looking at second half the other day, I’d have even stuck him in corner back ahead of Donagh Maher or Sean O’Brien

Its ridiculous really he’s never been given any kind of chance in the backs

I came across him a few times in college… he was never the most likeable fella. This is not a surprise, and he’s probably lucky it’s taken so long to be national news considering his profile.

A serious hurler though. Sometimes something like this can give a fella a bit of a kick up the hole, and he can turn over the new leaf. Hopefully, nobody wants to see someone piss away their talent, no matter who they are.

2 Likes

I think he is only 23.