Tipperary GAA 2018

Is there a protestant church in Ballintemple?

Brian Hogan was the least of Tipperarys problems this year. I felt Mooney wasn’t the problem either during the league.

From 1-9 though not one player yesterday was in the same position as 2016. Michael Ryan has dismantled a winning team. He has turned Barrett from brilliant corner back into ineffective midfielder. Paudie Maher from outstanding no. 7 to middling 6. Ronan from very good 6 into solid midfielder. Seamus Kennedy from solid 5 to overwhelmed 3.

Bubbles gone from matchwinner to benchwarmer.

A new voice definitely needed.

1 Like

I haven’t a clue where that is mate

It’s in Cork

No

Grange or Douglas, mate

Cheers bro.

Clonmel is grand

Are there any Grubbs left in the town?

I can’t say .

There are Grubbs not too far from Ned Kelly’s ancestral homeplace Moyglass, producers of Cashel Blue Cheese.

2 Likes

Good to know… Are they Prods?

Not sure, there is a protestant church up the road from them in Magorban. Thought Grubb was a quaker name?

You’re bang on … but I think a branch of them might have become Catholic or Protestant and it’s doing me head in trying to find out. You had the wealthier landed branch who i’d say the cheese lot come from and probably stayed quaker , then you had another branch that were in the town itself and they seem to have had a finger in every pie - they were merchants and millers mainly.

Haven’t heard the name around Clommel tbh, there is a street called Grubbs Court there.

1 Like

Look at the bastards…

Born and reared in Clonmel and still spend a decent bit of time there between GAA etc and never heard of that name before. Whats the deal with them anyway?

I can find out.

Ah just a bit of research i’m doing on a certain group of men in Munster… Your man near the end, Thomas M. Grubb is the guy i’m after …trying to find the cunt’s religion really. I have him getting married in a church in Ballintemple (Dundrum) but not sure if prod or catholic…

The Church of Ireland church is in Ballintemple. Just as you come in to the Dundrum from the Cashel side.

1 Like