Tipperary GAA 2018

Wasn’t today anyway. @carryharry might know more. Some finisher on his day

Walked from panel last week apparently. Did Sean Maher tog today? Had heard he walked too.

What’s the story there?

Bit weird to walk the week of a semi-final; generally things are pretty feelgood in a camp after a few wins on the trot. And they would have been favourites too?

Dunno about hot favs, game was priced 5/6 v 6/5. Surprised they won so handy alright.

As regards the reasons JON didn’t tog, I’m fucked if I’m telling you why.

Sean Maher didn’t play either. Some win considering

Exactly, hope they do it now although I wouldn’t begrudge Nenagh either.

21 years since Clonoulty last won one.

Sean Maher and John O’Neill packed in the hurling over the summer break around July.

Some achievement for clonoulty in fairness without them and great to see Thomas Butler come on for last 10 minutes after 3 horrible cruciate injuries.

Conor Hammersly was excellent at midfield. They were much superior to a below par Toomevara. Jason Ryan going off after 5 minutes meant Joey Mcloughney had to go back to centre back and his presence was badly missed up the field.

In the second game nenagh were by far the better team and should have won by more. Mikey Heffernan destroyed the Sarsfields full back line. Apart from Padraic Maher, who was phenomenal, thurles weren’t up to much. They brought on a clearly injured Larry at half time to save the day and it backfired spectacularly.

Some of the Thurles management decisions were bizarre particularly the positioning of Ronan Maher

when did Nenagh last win one?

1995 their one and only county title

That was a decent team. They beat the well in the Munster club on a Saturday afternoon on a half frozen GG ( was that a reply ?) .

What age in Hugh Moloney ?

Hugh maloney would be around 35/36.

Nenagh paying the big bucks to get this far. A real na piarsaigh aspect involved. John Fitzgerald manager. Droog is the trainer and Shane O’Neill an adviser. Be interesting to see what happens should they meet in Munster.

Will the management step back?

1 Like

I thought a few years ago that Sean Maher would be a county man down the line but some Clonoulty lads sitting beside me at 2016 final said he was lazy enough

1 Like

Lazy and has no interest according to the father. Well he used different language to describe him. Similar with O’Neill. Would Conor Hammersley be worth a look in with the seniors? Been a very consistent performer for Clonoulty the last few years. West teams in the Senior,Intermediate and Minor a finals along with Kickhams in the Minor B. Not bad for the “weaker” division .

1 Like

Unbelievable

Typical Townies. They sacked their manager midway through the year last year and brought in Brian Whelehan. They once sacked Davy Fitz back in 2008.

For some strange reason I cannot remember i happened to be at that drawn game. Kirby nailed a last puck free from well inside his own 65 to force the replay. The fact it has stayed with me all these years means it was some score. Further out than Joe’s effort in this years AIF

2 Likes

With heavier balls and smaller hurleys too. On GAA gold from the 90’s the lads would be delighted to hit it over from the 45 :grinning:

I remember the replay well . The part of the pitch under the stand was frozen . There was a huge Nenagh support there .

The bridge beat them in final .

@caulifloweredneanderthal what shit club to you belong to.

Not Nenagh pal