Tipperary GAA 2018

Tipp give us a bit of a bating. They won by 10 or so.

Tipp won handy

1 Like

1964 All Ireland winning captain Mick Murphy of Thurles Sarsfields has passed away RIP.

R.I.P. Mick

Mick Murphy was a native of Kilmaley and hurled for Clare as well

Doubt he was still hurling in 1964 either

That was a different Mick Murphy who also happened to die last week I think

1 Like

The Mick Murphy you are referring to won an All Ireland with Tipperary in 1945.
RIP to him also along with Mick Ryan’s father Tommy.

1 Like

As an aside John Coffey of Boherlahan-Dualla is the last surviving member of the 1945 team and is also an uncle of Mick Murphy.

Tipperary 1-26

Dublin 0-12

TIPPERARY PULLED AWAY in the second half of a sometimes fiery senior hurling challenge match at Dr Morris Park in Thurles.
It was a decent workout for both sides with Pat Gilroy continuing to get to know his charges as he prepares for his first national league campaign in charge.
Both sides fielded a mix of experienced players and newcomers in a match where neither side held back, with two melees breaking out in the second half.
A goal from Jason Forde after 22 minutes helped Tipperary lead by 1-8 to 0-9 at the interval, having played against the breeze.
Dublin had started the better and with Paul Winters, Fergal Whitely and Tom Connolly finding their range, they led by 0-5 to 0-2 after 11 minutes before Tipp rallied.
Forde’s goal made it 1-5 to 0-6 but the Dublin response was good with Winters, Whitely and Daire Gray edging them back in front, but two more points from Forde and one from Ronan Maher left Tipp two up at the break.

Both sides made a host of changes in the second half but Tipperary’s sharper touch saw them pull away and they produced a very strong final quarter to run out convincing winners on a day when Danny Sutcliffe made his return to the Dublin colours and the returning Cathal Barrett lined out at midfield for Tipp.

Tipperary scorers: J Forde 1-10 (0-6f), N McGrath 0-4 (0-1f), R Maher 0-3, S Curran 0-3, D McCormack 0-2, P Feehan 0-1, M Breen 0-1, S Nally 0-1, J Cahill 0-1.

Dublin scorers: P Winters 0-5 (0-4f), F Whitely 0-2, D Grey 0-2, A Moore 0-1, T Connolly 0-1, D Burke 0-1 (f).

TIPPERARY: D Mooney; P Maher, J Dwyer, D Maher; S Kennedy, B Heffernan, P Feehan; C Barrett, R Maher; P ‘Bonner’ Maher, N McGrath, S Curran; N O’Meara, J Forde, C Darcy.

DUBLIN: A Nolan; P Smyth, B O’Carroll, C Hendricken; S Barrett, D Kelly, C Crummey; J McCaffrey, T Connolly; D Sutcliffe, F Whitely, D Gray; A Moore, P Winters, J Hetherton.

Bergin has come out swinging in the press

Bergin is an attention seeker. I wouldn’t be surprised to make a stab at politics in the future.

1 Like

Himself and this cunt would be of similar beliefs alright, watch this space.

What’s he saying?

The positioning of Ronan Maher, Noel Mac and Barrett were interesting. I wouldn’t read much more into that game than that. Poor Dublin team out. I heard over Christmas that Michael Breen is being tried at full back. He played there on the 2012 minor team.

Im pretty sure he played there at u21 level one year aswell.

Moaning about the commitment needed in the modern day inter county player. He never said a thing about when he was in the tent.

Breen played full back under 21 for 3 years

Seems obsessed with drink.

He does alright…I thought he was supposedly a born again Christian or something