Tipperary GAA 2019

Annacarthy beating the shit out of Sars. Last year mightn’t have just been a blip after all. Could be in for another great championship once the intercounty is out of the way

1 Like

We played Eire Og in a challenge match in one of the new pitches in UL a few weeks back.

They were impressive, a really tidy and skillful outfit. Think John Tuohy is over them, he has been over the Limerick camogie team and a few other various teams. Decent coach by all accounts.

1 Like

Too many lads with high opinions of themselves but should be beating Annacarthy.

Annacarthy a real rural close knit bunch. A decent crowd.

1 Like

Nenagh beat Upperchurch by 8 points today I’m reliably informed by a lad I’m out with. Clonoulty v Borrisileigh is live on tg4 tomorrow

John Tuohy is a good coach and a thoroughly alright sort.

A great little club. Brilliant win. I’d say that’s the first win over sars ever. @Fat_Pox or @peddlerscross might be able to confirm.

It is indeed. I can remember struggling to beat sars 2nd team in 05. Great win. Some great lads there. Best bunch of lads that ever came around the parish and have brought supporters some great days in both codes.

A few lads who were dropped/not starting on senior and under 20 panels gave serious displays. Of course Sheedy was off in Aintree.

2 Likes

Sure we’re not the north division so it’s grand. Sheedy can go and shite. The father text saying Tom Fox and Conor O’Brien were outstanding. Were you at it?

Unfortunately no. Brian Fox was unplayable at 6 seemingly. His best ever game I was told. Mooney excellent also. By all accounts they all played well. A few young lads slotted in no bother. The fact they had 18/19 competing for spots rather than filling a few positions helped. Subs got on the scoreboard also.

I was talking at home during the week and they were confident of an upset. They were going well in challenges, had no injuries and felt super fit. The fact it was as good as a home game also helped. Plenty lads had the 7/1 backed.

That group is wide open now.

1 Like

:rofl: cc @carryharry

The game was up when Joint Captains Tom Fox and Darragh Mooney went up in convoy for the toss and Sars captain Ronan Maher didn’t know where to look or what to do. They were rattled before a ball was pucked.

One swallow doesnt make a summer and all that but a good start to the summer all the same.

6 Likes

Don’t mind that county stuff. Tom Fox is an outstanding hurler

Decent game from tipp on tv today. Good bit of cutting to it.

Fuck Tipp.

1 Like

Tipp U20s beat KK in Gortnahoe this evening 0-26 to 1-19.

Sad news from Borrisoleigh, Amanda Stapleton, sister of Paddy and Shane, has passed away. There was a big fundraiser for her back in November. RIP.

RIP

RIP

RIP

R I P

RIP