Tipperary GAA 2019

They have 11 or 12 excellent players which is a lot but there’s a big gap in talent after those and when you’re down to 14 for the majority of a game that will tell. Even look at them having to play David Kennedy in goal this year, it’s a small club

John McGrath is of course a brilliant player for them but not as dominant every day he goes out as Noel and had a bad day today even with decent ball going in

It’s not as if they are losing to poor teams either, they wouldn’t have been strong favourites in any of those games I’d say.
They had David Kennedy playing in goal for them this year.

Interesting to see him back in the mix. I’d say he must have been kicking himself that he fucked off travelling or whatever he was doing last year. Actually, he strikes me as the type of fella who probably didn’t give a fuck that he missed out on a county

Why do they call themselves Borris-Ileigh rather than Borrisoleigh?

Pretty sure it’s a legacy thing. Think there was two clubs in the parish Borris and Ileigh which eventually merged at some stage.

There’s a place called Ileigh there

So is Russo-Tipperary man Borris O’leigh and lleigh two different places?

Yes

One for the things I learned today thread

There’s another Russian spy call Borris O’Kane in the north division. They were beaten by neighbours Shannon Rovers in the preliminary intermediate quarter final yesterday.

Borrisokane a town with no name
A church without a steeple
Bastards and whores
Looking over half doors
Criticising daycent people

The version I heard.

Borrisokane without a name, a church without a steple, in every door there stands a whore, gawking at the daycent people

:rollseyes:

Kildangan 3-12 Toome 1-12

Nenagh Eire Og 4-15 Eire Og Annacarty 1-8

Naynagh and Kildangan into Semis.

1 Like

It’ll be all north semi-finals

Thought Annacarthy would give them a better run than that. :open_mouth:

Only way of guaranteeing a north winner :joy:

Some performance today by Nayna, the Mayo of club hurling in Tipp.

They’ll be disappointed with their second half performance by all accounts.

I’m fairly shocked by it as results all year did not give the impression that was on the cards.