Tipperary GAA 2019

I’d say it was, most places had a back boiler connected to the stove/fire. And a years supply of turf

That’s 1 more than Jim of the Mills

Jim’s coldroom is a thing of beauty and pure genius

Everything about it is glorious

The Cosy Kitchen outside Bansha was a fine spot.

The pub in Capparoe, it’s called Buddy’s now, used to sell grand soft pints when it was called nelly Spillane’s. Back in the day.

He keeps the two kegs cold during the week by tying a rope onto them and lowering them into the stream behind the house

2 Likes

If you want a soft pint, lackens is the job. Rohan’s in Naynah do a grand soft pint. Pubs are losing the old characters. They’re losing their appeal as an entertainment without entertainment if you know what I mean. I’d frequent Buddy’s when I’m back home, there’s a bit of divilment there at times. If I’m feeling courageous and bould with a few bottles inside of me I’d tip up to Killeen and remind them all that Templederry won sweet fuck all at senior and that it was just filled with failed Protestants and never lifted a finger in our fight for freedom.

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

Whiskey Still in Dromineer too, another proper pub, frequented by friend of the forum Shane MacGowan on occasions

I stopped in to Nelly Spillanes as a young fella with my grandparents a few times. There might have been a card game going as they played 5/6 nights a week, or else we were visiting someone in the hospital. I would say the grandfather didn’t pass that door much without pulling in

1 Like

It used to be a very good house for cards, they only play on a Tuesday night there now, another characteristic that’s dying in Irish society now. There was great characters that owned that pub down through the years.

Shane’s sister lives down in Dromineer. A fine spot for food and a pint. Wouldn’t call it the traditional pub but a premises that has its uses

Thoughts on the U21 Semi Finals lads?

I would say Kiladangan will have too much for Ballingarry. The other one should be close enough

The only thoughts I have on them is it’s an awful pity that the County Board didn’t appoint Peter Carroll to ref the Holycross Clonoulty match, it’d be interesting to see the reception ‘Cross would give him after the abuse they gave him in the O Rian final

2 Likes

Were Sars an overhyped crowd or are Holycross the real deal? Clonoulty dispatched of a handy Cashel crowd with ease.

Didn’t see either of them this year, but to be fair you never hear too much about Sars at minor or U21. They have a tendency to lose players at that age group more so than other clubs.

Don’t think there was much hype about Sars this year. Only Stakelum and Purcell have played senior really.

Brackens were the disappointment of the competition. Kildangan probably the most quality of the 4 left. I’d expect them to win handy enough today but the other game will be a classic. Two serious teams. Clonoulty to shade it by 1.

Anyone have a link for today’s game in Naynagh? Heard it’s being streamed online via FB.