Tipperary GAA 2021

Northern power prevails in the end.

Another great Friday night lights in Semple.

Mullinahone were very efficient for most of it and went 5 clear and a man up with about 10 minutes left. The Shellys, Curranā€™s, Walzer, Fennelly and Kelly all very good.

Borris were having a complete meltdown when Kevin Maher got a straight red card for pulling a helmet off but led by the magnificent Dan McCormack they turned it round to go 4 up only to have another meltdown in added time.

Borris can count themselves very lucky in truth and are now in big trouble for a semi final with Brendan Maher limping off and Kevin Maher suspended.

Only for Kieran Maher in the first half and Dan McCormack who was phenomenal all through they would have been well beat tonight. Eddie Ryan also to be fair seemed to keep his head when all around him seemed to be losing theirs.

4 Likes

What did Kelly score?

Final score?

1-24 to 2-19 AET.

Kelly must have got about 10 points. Missed a few frees but in general play he was really good.

Borrisā€™s subs made more of an impact than Mullinahoneā€™s bench which was prob the difference in the end.

Thomas Fahy more known as a corner back, came in full forward and scored the insurance point at the death.

1 Like

Mullinahone seriously lack depth for that level of hurling. Us, an intermediate team that have used 23 lads in intermediate beat them with a bit to spare in junior A last weekend which makes their first team competing so well all the more impressive

1 Like

When it goes to ET a couple of good subs can make all the difference.

Borris were able to bring on Paddy Stapleton.

Yeah massive difference. I think Mullinahone ended up bringing back on 3 different lads that they had taken off in normal time

1 Like

I was just looking at the programme there for the weekends games and I see Kildangan have David Gillick involved as one of their S&C Team which is a fair coup.

1 Like

Paudie down with what looks like ankle injury. Doesnā€™t look good.

Sars well up.

Heā€™s strapped up and back in action

1 Like

Four points in a row from Clonoulty. Hammersley some club man. Two goals in it now.

Ken is some dose.

Mick Ryan doing fine on RTE on co comms with that dose Canning

My bad. They are brutal

John McGrath doing untold here

Is Buggy Oā€™Meara a selector for Kilruane?

Why is Marty leaving the ā€œsā€ off McDonaghs? It sounds very weird

Yes.

Kilruane will be kicking themselves. Should have been a hell of a lot closer.

I thought one of the penalties was very soft and Kilruane missed a lot in the final quarter. If they could get Darragh Peters and Justin Cahill back, there is a county final win in that team. They are still very young.

Loughmore were out on their feet for most of the second half but are so, so clinical itā€™s unreal.

1 Like

Delighted for John McGrath. Heā€™s had a tough year. Great to see him back in form. Think he should be No14 next year for Tipp.

6 Likes

Kiladangan 1-21

Upperchurch/Drombane 0-13

No surprises there. Sars as slight favourites to win out from here but any of the teams could do it. Iā€™ve a small feeling Loughmore could sneak over the line.