Tipperary GAA 2021

Thurles are 4/7. Bookies going with tradition and the newbies to shit the bed. I would also go along with this theory 9/10 times.

A limited enough C/R team gave SARS plenty of problems.

At those prices, Kiladangan are value

1 Like

Kiladangan probably have the best panel in the county.

I think Kildangan will beat them well tomorrow.

Dangan have lost one championship game in 3 years (2019 final to Borrisileigh) and are very well balanced around the field.

They havenā€™t really clicked yet this year but have still won all their games in North, and County Championship as well as winning their League section.

Thurles are much improved no doubt on 2018/2019/2020 but without Billy McCarthy back its very hard to see whoā€™ll win the ball up in the forwards. No man had as big an impact on the Tipp Championship between 2014-17 as McCarthy did and while heā€™s been injured, Thurles have been toothless enough up top.

Theyā€™ve far better attack minded players alright

Heā€™s been a huge loss to Thurles, and dare I say, a big loss to the county as well.

His Senior debut for Sars came in a County last 16 KO game v Drom in 2014.

He had been playing Intermediate all year but was thrown in midfield marking Woodlock. Woodlock tried to absolutely bully him off the ball but McCarthy was immense the same day in turning the tide after Drom went into a big lead.

Erm have you seen Sars this year? They had 2 lads of 6 foot 4 in their full forward line the day I saw them against Drom

I have seen them ā€˜Liveā€™ 3 times this year and its the half forward line Iā€™d worry about for them.

The key is not to allow Paddy Mc go short with puckouts. If he can get them away short (to Padraic or Ronan in particular), they can go bang, bang, bang, working it up the field to someone like Aidan Mc or Stephen Cahill whoā€™ll either score or hit a lovely ball into Maher or Creedon inside.

If Paddy Mc has to long, generally Thurles are beaten in the air at half forward and it breaks down for them.

1 Like

Billyā€™s injury travails have always captivated the country

Heā€™s this decadeā€™s Seamus Hennessy

He can send an entire economy into a downturn if he turns an ankle

Timmy Hammersley transferring to Ballyboden. Just announced on Tipp MW. Huge loss to CR

Ye amalgamated a good bit recently at underage which for me isnā€™t a healthy sign. A big parish with a town in it should be doing better in my book. It was said to me once a long time ago that the town didnā€™t supply as many hurlers as it should. You probably have a rake of yuppie blow inā€™s in around Newport, like Ballina, and those fuckers have fuck all loyalty to the local clubs for the most part.

Stevie has all the exclusives.

Timmy owes CR nothing. Great servant and still in my opinion their best forward.

Going to BBSE to win a county. Itā€™ll be interesting to see how he is recieved there as theyā€™ve a lot of young forwards. A 33/34 year old coming in taking their place might unsettle things there.

Soccer has always been popular there too. And the rubby fuckers have risen from the ashes after the club went wallop a few years ago .

Iā€™m expecting a cracker. Thurles to reel back the years.

Dunno, short term huge loss but heā€™s not a snapper anymore. Up to others now to put their shoulders to the wheel.

Best of luck to him. Heā€™s mad as a brush but his heart is always in the right place. Great clubman and a top human being too.

is this televised/streamed anywhere?

They look to be putting in the hard yards at underage now tbf.