Tipperary GAA 2021

Peter Acheson home from Dubai and in from the start for today’s County Football Semi Final.

Loughmore lead 0-04 to 0-03 after 24 minutes

Loughmore win with the last kick.

1-08 to 1-07.

The double is on.

Some boyz

3 Likes

It’s an absolutely remarkable turnaround these past two seasons. After their phenomenal run in 2013-2014, from 2015-2019 they didn’t make a hurling semi final and in the two hurling quarter finals they did make, they went down easily enough. Also lost a few football games they were expected to win like against Ardfinnan one year.

To come back like this, two years in a row is phenomenal going.

What a fucking club.

With my county hat on there’s a part of me that would like to see the McGraths get a winter off but I want them to win the fucking double now.

Serves them right. Land on a fella who has’nt trained all year for a county semi final.

Club u21 gone from next year. I don’t know how that’s after getting through the clubs

The county board will be delighted

Gone to 20s or 19s??

We had 19s and 21s this year, just 19s from next year

U19’s is very young to be finished with underage. The great thing about U21’s was you could have lads who’d go on to represent the county at senior playing with lads who’d struggle to get on the Junior B team or maybe not even play the game after that. Last stage those players would converge together.

3 Likes

Exactly. U21 was my happiest days playing hurling

5 Likes

Ffs the whole point of age grade changes was player retention.

It all stems from the change to minor being u17. A woeful decision

3 Likes

Seamus O Riain is now premier intermediate from next year meaning they can play in the provincial intermediate championship. 43 votes to 41

This will actually probably cause more ructions but it’s nowhere near as important as the other one.

That’s not a very wise decision you’d think

Hurler on the ditch twitter should be intetesting.

My favourite medal won was a divisional under 21 medal.

We only had a panel of 17 but everyone of those lads trained solidly through November and December and we bonded like never before. 2 lads who had given up after minor came back to play their last year under 21 and those two are still playing hurling today.

Likewise my biggest regret in sport is my own last year underage when we had a good team but completely flopped in a semi final having won our group games by 20 points.

No wonder the standard of hurling is hopeless at underage these days.

All the best players in next Sunday’s county final would have played in the 2014 renewal between the same teams. Paddy Creedon and Brian McGrath if he was fit would be the only players of significance who’ll have come through in seven (7) years.

I see a situation in a few weeks where Thurles could meet Kilmallock in a Munster Club Final and most of the same players from their 2010 and 2012 battles will still be the main men on opposite sides. For Thurles you’ll have Paddy Mac, Paudie Maher, Mickey Cahill, Denis Maher, Pa Bourke and Aidan McCormack still there. For Kilmallock, Barry Hennessey, O’Loughlin x2, Gavin O’Mahony, Paudie O’Brien, Aaron Costello, Graeme Mulcahy. Yer man Robbie Egan is still tipping around the place as far as I know. It’s like fucking Dad’s army everywhere these days and the young lads just aren’t up to it.

Decisions like tonight’s are just putting the final nails in hurlings coffin.

4 Likes

Selective examples. I think Ballyhale have only 5 of the team that destroyed Kilmalock in 2015 club final still playing.

And 4 of those old lads from 2015, Fennelly, Reid x2 and Holden are still probably their 4 best players.

Cuala lost a few old lads this year and realised their young lads weren’t good enough.

Borrisileigh weren’t up to much this year with Brendan Maher off form.

Even Ballygunner for all their hurlers are very reliant on SOK, Barry Coughlan, Mahony x2 and Shane Sullivan who were all playing in a Munster Club Final in 2009, 12 years ago now.

Fairly sure Thomas’s are still the best team in Galway with their 2013 AI Club winning team too.