Tipperary GAA 2021

I’ll wait until I see Midleton but I’m not expecting much to be honest given the standard in Cork over the last while. I was also told their best player by a mile is still Conor Lehane who has been around forever.

Inagh/Kilnamona are hardly that young anymore, they were winning Under 21 A titles 3 or 4 years ago. Anyway they couldn’t beat Ballyea so I wouldn’t be basing anything on them.

St. Thomas’s are still the best team in Galway with a load of lads who won an AI Club nearly 9 years ago now.

Maybe Dublin are a shining light, but the lads between 25-32 up there wouldn’t be hectic so its probably easier for under 23’s to stand out.

Ballyhale are a funny one as they have their younger lads are good, but I’m not sure if there is a TJ Reid, Sheffiln or Cha Fitzpatrick among them.

Eoin Cody and Corcoran played championship this year. The OLG team was stacked with lads under 22 such as Butler, Heary, Wall, O Shea.

Inamona would have had 3 teenagers starting. Two of those would be minors in old money. A dozen of the team that started the final would be 25 or younger

1 Like

I wouldn’t necessarily agree with that, who do you mean by “best players”?! Take the two Older Mahonys both are just back from injury, important players but far from BG’s ‘best’. The two younger Mahonys are currently probably more influential and weren’t there in 09. Either was Dessie or Ian Kenny etc. the only player you could say is Soky

Mahony x2, Shane Sullivan and Soky is the spine of their team. The 2 older Mahony’s are much more important to them I still feel.

I thought Coughlan might have played that day too but maybe not.

@Big_Dan_Campbell you may be right on Inamona but I wouldn’t pay any attention to the Clare Championship this year. Newmarket depending on lads who were past their best 6 years ago lost a semi final by a point after all.

You know yourself back in 2008/2009 when Clonlara and Cratloe were coming through. The young lads back in those days were very good.

Those kind of young lads aren’t there anymore across the board.

I suppose it depends on what County you’re watching your hurling in

2 Likes

Tipp club championship is box office.

1 Like

Michael Donoghue to Kiladangan as well.

I wonder are Kileedy still running that money grab of a Munster Junior B championship. Some sham of an operation.

Why is it a sham?

It has a world record for draws and replays

Bevans with Borris as well.

Exactly. You can’t cover your mouth to sneeze then and some fucker is shoving a club lotto ticket in your face then

Is Johnny Kelly gone? Did he get a better offer elsewhere?

He gave Borris 5 good years.

2 Co. Final Appearances and a trip to Croker. Lost a County semi final and quarter final (on penalties) also. The one year they didn’t get out of the group they were decimated with injuries (Brendan Maher’s cruciate the big one)

Before Johnny Kelly came along, Borris had a few poor years from 2014-2016.

I won’t have a thing bad said about Killeedy on this forum.

Heard that alright. Box office.