Tipperary GAA 2021

Finns is great, has a real traditional front, with a big open fire, a sitting room style middle room and then a big area out the back for parties etc

1 Like

Small enough, I was only ever in it for a couple coming home from games. I have memories of pulling into Borris after Tipp matches in the eighties as a younglad and sogging bottles of Dwans orange.

:rollseyes: …

I was at the maddest cunt of a 21st ( I’ve attended some mad ones ) ever in that place. :see_no_evil:

More that once he started them, he was on a hiding to nothing given that he was told by the powers that be not to have them on the panel. I agree Devon Ryan was excellent against Cork.

2 Likes

They brought some buzz about the county. Lads who wouldn’t go to a Tipp match bar the AI were following them when they got out of Tipp. They brought massive Tipp support for the final. No way the likes of any other club in the county would.

1 Like

The final was a magical occasion.

The Croke Park Hotel was something else with the fans from Kilcoo and Borris getting on really well.

2 Likes

The Borris crowd are decent people, good hurling people. I’ve great time for them.

1 Like

2 Likes

Borris and Loughmore would be the most likeable out of any of the big teams in Tipp.

Sars and Toome would have got very little Tipperary support down through the years. Easy to see why.

3 Likes

Sars don’t even get much support in Thurles

1 Like

The cock inside in Chaplins. Great scenes. I must pop in when I’m in Dublin next week. Murty is a gent.

5 Likes

They have a hardcore support in the town that is probably less than the smallest of clubs. Is there any town club with a big following?

Kilmallock in Limerick stands out but not much else.

Carrick in three different directions mostly against itself?

Carrick Swan are probably the best supported town team in the county alright

The Swan would be the biggest club with the most urban followers of the 3. They’d probably bring a bit if they ever get anywhere.

They contested a few minor finals 15 years back. The minor was then played before the senior final. They brought great noise and crowd to the old stand. Most of them would then go away before the ball was thrown in for the senior game.

2 Likes

The drink took them…

They’d loads of lads drinking cans in the stadium for those minor finals.

The Carrick boys are tremendous fun