Tipperary GAA 2021

Maybe some of the older Tipp heads may recall but didn’t Tipp consider an outside man back when they were struggling in the late 70s/early 80s and it led to uproar.

Different times

This can’t be true. It’s a red herring.
How anyone would chose Waterford over Tipperary is mad. Especially one of their own???

It will never come to pass. Someone is taking the piss.

It would be like John Kiely announcing in the morning he was taking the Kerry camogie job.

I don’t think the step down of going from Waterford to Tipperary is that big a gulf. But I get your point.

2 Likes

No wonder the county board got pissed off at the bouncing cheques.
Or maybe he got sick of being called Richard.

Was Donoghue part of Eamon O’Shea’s set-up when he was Tipp manager? He had some involvement there previously afaik

I’d say he’d settle for getting his petrol paid.
Bizarre appointment if true. Tipp need someone who knows the county intimately now of all times.

He was involved yes with O’Shea from 2013-2015.

It would be more palatable if O’Shea/Egan/Kelly/whoever was named ‘Manager’ even if Donoghue was running the show similar to a Rochford/Bonner situation in Donegal.

Cahill is making demands of the Co Board which they’re uncomfortable with it the issue.

He has them over a barrel.

1 Like

I’d imagine it comes down to whether Cahill feels he has the tools there to win an All Ireland in the next 2 to 3 years. If you take on the Tipperary job and don’t deliver an All Ireland, the bottom line is you’re seen as a failure.

A modern day history of Tipperary managers floundering after taking over from All Ireland winning managers. After Babs stepped down in 1994, you had Father Fogarty and Len Gaynor. After Nicky English, you had Ken Hogan, Michael Doyle and Babs again. After Liam Sheedy stepped down in 2010, you had Declan Ryan.

With the minors of 2006/07 all about to bow out now en masse and Limerick so dominant and seemingly only still limbering up, could be a few wilderness years in store for Tipperary. Cahill would hardly want to preside over that.

There’s no way Tipp go outside Tipp - Not the Premier county, no way.

Cahill sees the role as a 10 year job.

1 Like

It’s going to take 10 years for Tipperary to win another one? I suppose the important thing is to at least chalk one up by 2029.

1 Like

babs-keating-3062007-390x285

2 Likes

What did he say now?

Let’s see how uncomfortable they get when the supporters react to Cahill not getting the position. If I was the Secretary/ Chairman I’d be bending over backwards to accommodate him.

A Mattie is charge of Tipp would be most amusing.

Although if he was to actually do well there how bad would it make the Galway county board look for basically chasing him off after winning an AI.

That said Cahill will probably still get it in the end.

1 Like

Would it be worse that the fella Galway have in charge currently I wonder

Who? Pat Mc’s lad? He can fuck off, and so can Pat.

1 Like