Tipperary GAA 2021

He has them moving well I’m told but they are down four key men from the AI teams and the replacements ain’t at that level. A few more injuries and they might not make it out of their group. A lot of the others have huge mileage. As always a lot will depend on Con.

Can never understand why club games are played in Thurles, Pairc Ui Caoimh etc instead of decent sized club grounds where you would have a much better atmosphere. County grounds should only be used for county finals.

1 Like

I take your point but these days it’s to make it easier for streaming

Cuala minors have been fairly average the last three or four years. Threading water in A or solid B championship outfits. Nothing standout coming through

After streaming their should be no club games in Thurles etc.

Currently, you can have more people at bigger grounds …

Also true. A joke we’re still at 200 attendance in smaller venues

1 Like

Agreed . Utter bananas . Ffs at one point this week they were only letting 500 to Cork football final at PUC

1 Like

I believe the success of the hurlers really mobilised the football side of the club. Also a few of the small clubs around them like Geraldine Morans have gotten their house in order underage by actually fielding teams again.

Be interesting to see how they line out today alright. They are missing a few but will have way too much for Ballyduff Upper.
Philip Mahony broke he kneecap (I think) about 6 weeks ago. So he is surely gone until later in the championship at best. Center back spot to be filled. Pauric Mahony is back playing but no idea what his fitness is like. I heard his hurling is sharp

Should be a good game today between DLS and Dungarvan. I had a ticket for it an all but I can’t make it.

How are DLS going?

Seem to be going ok from what I hear. All seems relatively quiet around the squad when tends to be a good sign. Bull is a joint manager this year with Quirke.

Pity young Twomey is too young. Class act.

Yeah he looks very good. Very impressive outings for the minors this year. He is excellent at soccer too.DLS have a couple of forwards starting to come through again. One was on the extended Waterford panel this year and another was training with them at one stage either this year or last. So they are keeping tabs on him,

1 Like

Tonto?

Yeah.

Came across him and his auld man a few years back. Real Waterford city.

He father is a hardy man by all accounts. Tonto is a nice young fella from my dealings with him.

Hardy is right. Tonto is a real raw talent. Good few edges to be knocked off but certainly has the ability to make IC.