Tipperary GAA 2021

How did C/R lose to them last weekend at all

Mullinahone always seem to play well in the Stadium

Dan Breen
Group 1

Thurles Sarsfields 3-24 Upperchurch Drombane 1-20
Drom-Inch 2-15 Eire Og Annacarthy 1-16

Sarsfields top the group, other 3 teams finish on two points, a point by Upperchurch’s Luke Shanahan in the 9th minute of injury time eliminates Drom on score difference. Eire Og into relegation

Dan Breen:

Thurles Sars, Kildangan, Kilraune, Mullinahone

Upperchurch/Drombane, Borrisilleagh, Clonoulty, Loughmore.

One of the 2nd list of teams will play Killenaule in a preliminary QF.

Eire Og, Holycross, Moycarkey & Roscrea in relegation. One goes down.

SOR.

Thurles Sars B, Killenaule, Templederry, Cashel

St Mary’s, Clonakenny, Kildangan B, Gortnahoe

Relegation: Lorrha, Sean Treacys, Newport, Burgess

Intermediate: QF

Moyne, Drom B, Moneygall, Kilsheelan, Knockavilla Kickhams, Golden, Ballingarry, Balkinahinch

1 Like

The draws for a number of games in the various hurling championships were made this evening and are as follows:

Weekend October 10th

FBD Insurance County Senior Hurling Championship Preliminary Quarter Final

Killenaule v Loughmore-Castleiney – Friday October 8th @ 7.30pm in Semple Stadium

FBD Insurance Intermediate Hurling Preliminary Quarter Final

Cappawhite v Moneygall – Sunday October 10th @2pm in Holycross

Senior Hurling Relegation Semi Finals

Moycarkey Borris v Roscrea Sunday – October 10th @ 2pm in Templemore

Eire Óg Annacarthy v Holycross-Ballycahill – Saturday October 9th @ 3pm in Clonoulty

Seamus Ó Riain Relegation Semi Finals

Lorrha-Dorrha v Newport – Saturday October 9th @ 3pm in Nenagh

Burgess v Sean Treacy’s – Sunday October 10th @ 3pm in Templederry

Intermediate Hurling Relegation Semi Finals

Cappawhite v Moyle Rovers – TBC

Ballybacon Grange v Arravale Rovers – Saturday October 9th @ 3pm in Cahir

Weekend October 17th

Seamus Ó Riain Cup Quarter Finals

Templederry Kenyons v Gortnahoe-Glengoole

Clonakenny v Cashel King Cormacs

Killenaule v Kiladangan

Thurles Sarsfields v St Marys

Eire Og Annacarthy didn’t get a nice draw there.

My sources in Tipp are telling me that Colm Bonnar is having trouble filling the ticket

Your source is everyone’s source.

Colm is now a sacrificial lamb

Do they not have a back room team lined up in advance? Seems short sighted if that’s not the case.

The preliminary quarter final is exactly what Loughmore needed

Amazingly that’s their 3rd time being drawn in a Preliminary Quarter Final in a row.

2018 v Kilenaule
2019 v Clonoulty
2021 v Kilenaule

There were none in 2020

It would make you wonder…

TĂĄ ceist agam.

Annacarty or Annacarthy?

I always knew it as the former but could be incorrect.

Annacarty

I spotted Richie Flannery amongst the spectators in the LITGG (or whatever the fuck it’s called now?) for the Limerick Premier u19 Hurling Quarter Finals last week. That would suggest he is continuing on in his role as Limerick u20s coach

1 Like

Would you blame him? I saw him hurling a few times in the mid 00s and he was as good as any centre back in Tipperary but never got the call up. Why would he go shine their shit now and try call it gold?

2 Likes

A grandson of Limerick legend Dr. Dick Stokes I’m led to believe

1 Like

He is.

He’s definitely not going to be involved with the Tipp set up anyway. He was a decent club player, but sure Benny Dunne was the outstanding club centre back at times during that era, which doesn’t say much. There’s a bit of a gulf between club and senior inter county.

I can’t imagine too many fellas are overly enthusiastic about getting involved in the current Tipp set-up.

I heard though that Willie Maher was very disappointed he didn’t get it this time around and his brother-in-law (EK) was equally disappointed (although he wasn’t going to be involved one way or the other).

1 Like

Just listened to woolies podcast he said Kelly got 8 from play & 4 from frees? He surely meant the opposite way around ?

Yes, 8 from frees, they started him Centre Forward and Toome couldn’t handle him at all.

1 Like