Tipperary GAA 2021

Some man

That Shinners lad that Newport had was a tidy centre back in the mid 2000s too. As was Shane Maher from Burgess, but he eventually got his chance with Tipp in 2008.

Eoin Shinnors? Played in the forwards pal.

He definately spent a few years at centre back with Oā€™Mahoney in the forwards in the late 2000s from the challenge matches we played against them

Iā€™d say only in a few challenges. Played most of his hurling in full forward line. Not the most mobile but good hands.

Hardly a cousin of his Richard?

Richard was a decent hurler. Certainly never IC standard but decent. Was in Australia for a good while. His father Pat (nicknamed ā€˜Mouseā€™) is a strong, strong man, with hands like shovels. Supposed to be good hurler in his day too, think he played county U21s in the 70s.

I see JJ Kennedy has brought up Fergal Horganā€™s decision not to referee County Championship games this year in this weekā€™s Westide Column.

Another sorry, sorry mess our County Board canā€™t figure out a resolution to.

Whatā€™s the reason behind the best referee in the country not doing championship matches in his own county?

Rotten/Denmark?

He is doing Junior games and underage games in the West division.

He isnā€™t doing games for the county board after they overturned a red card he gave Jake Morris in last yearā€™s County semi final. The story goes he was reported for striking which carries a 3 month ban and the county board just said ā€˜this canā€™t happenā€™. So Fergal told them to go fuck themselves.

4 Likes

Why doesnā€™t Fergal Horgan ref Tipp club games

See above

1 Like

A 3 month ban does not sound likely for any such offence now

Thanks for the clarification.

What the fuckā€¦??

1 Like

I read that a few times and I couldnā€™t really see the relevance to overturning a refs report

Conor Bowe with seven from play for UCC last night.
Kehoe with two and Cadell with one

Tommy Dunne, Johnny Enright and Paul Curran with Colm Bonnar

Shane Stapleton and Martin Maher with Brendan Cummins (U20)

2 Likes

Iā€™m surprised Tommy has gone back for another stint.
Four good Tipp men involved. All four divisions represented. Drive it on now.

1 Like

Shane McGrath?

If itā€™s Shane Stapleton from Golden Iā€™d have thought he was football oriented.

No itā€™s Shane from Golden

1 Like