Tipperary GAA 2023

Obviously takiing Willie and Laois lightly

Not sure what that has to do with it.

I did back Tipp on the handicap though, the lads are flying it.

Willie will have this all over the walls of Semple

Willie will be delighted if they beat the +13

Pour it on

Did the boys do a number on him?

1 Like

Potential fuck up from the physio to miss this a few weeks ago.

He has had that strapped for well over a year.

cc @peddlerscross

JJ at “ his “ best here

2 Likes

The man is the king.

1 Like

Is that the word?

Outstanding piece from the great man.

The great raconteur Johnny Luby only mentions his role as Captain of that team 2 or 3 teams per week on his Tipp FM slot.

Pity Farranferris are no more. An iconic institution.

No Cork Team has ever won an All Ireland without a Farrenferris man starting and closing in 2006, looks like Cork are doomed to permanent failure. I thought Hoggy might have gone there and could give them one last All Ireland but he was a North Mon man i think.

2 Likes

Johnny was a great man to train a Greyhound once upon a time

Johny is very modest about all of his many achievements.

3 Likes

On a side note…

Was funny how it took CKC so long to win the Dan Breen considering the talent & success underage they had in the 70’s.

Aye.

No a bad chap all the same.

1 Like

He’s some poet.

Sean Treacys were the bosses in West Tipp in the 70s. They had a great team who were well able to bully teams in the West. It came against them outside the west on a few occasions when lack of discipline cost them.

The 80s were when the “ice cream men” of Cappawhite hardened up and dominated. Eire Og, Golfen and an aging Treacys were also about.

The late 80s was the golden period for the division, Cappa, CKC and Clonoulty were 3 of the best 5/6 teams in the county. There was meant to be huge crowds at those games.