Tipperary GAA 2023

An ignoramus of a man :joy:

Austin Broderick would be a big personality. Remember him getting into an argument with a steward outside Semple one year before a County Quarter or semi final.

Only the New Stand was open but Austin made it clear he wanted to see the game from the Old Stahd.

On Pajo i remember 2010 alright. Drom lost the Mid Final on the Sunday (an 18 year old Aidan McCormack bagging 1-04, a day after his 19 point haul in the County Minor Final.) and the following Thursday night they were dumped out of the County by Mullinahone in an exceedingly attractive double header in Semple Stadium which i attended. Borrisileigh beating Kickhams in Game 1.

There was some serious scheduling done that year to play off the County Championship after Tipp won the All Ireland. A number of hastily arranged double headers mid week under lights in Semple. You could feel a lovely nip in the September air.

We used to be a proper country.

4 Likes

Ah that’s mighty

The quintessential manager swinging a hurl. Anytime I see a mentor with a hurl on a line I immediately write him off. No manager should bring a hurl to a match, at any age group.

:astonished:

I used my hurley to great effect yesterday to corral one of our many hot heated u7s who had started to chase an opponent with the hurley raised over his head viking style.

That’s an extenuating circumstance that I may let slide as U7 is not an official game and the hurl is required when you need to enter a ruck that’s been going on for 2 minutes and dig the ball out to fire down to the fellas chatting about dinosaurs for the past 5 minutes in the bottom corner

2 Likes

Kilruane 3-11 to 2-9 down versus a lively Roscrea. Lose and they are out.

1 Like

Kilruane exit championship without so much as a whimper. Thought they would put up some form of defense of title but Tipp championship can be brutal at times.

They won the county final with the bare 15, have had injuries and emigration since then. Very hard to keep the hunger after last year.

No real surprise imho.

Roscrea are lively. The reality is Kiladangan & Loughmore are the two best teams in the county, the rest are good solid club teams who wouldn’t be miles better than the top sides in the premier intermediate

1 Like

How did Jerome Cahill hurl this year? Would Kilruane have many numbers coming through or is quality some of replacement just not there?

Cappawhite appear to be turning a corner. Good result for them today. Some of underage promise beginning to bear fruit.

Borris 10 up on Kildangan at HT.

Borrisileigh hadn’t been showing much form all year so this is a real surprise.

Kildangan have outscored Borris 0-16 to 0-03 since half time. Some turnaround.

7 minutes left.

Brendan Maher goal wins it for Borrisileigh.

That Group is living up to its Box office billing. If Sars lose tonight to Clonoulty they’ll be the one’s fighting relegation (I think)

4 Likes

Sars 1-20 Clonoulty 1-17

Sars used their towny skill down the straight to get over Clonoulty who struggled up front in the second half

3 Likes

Did he say cute as a bee?

@Declan_Moffat can you ensure this mornings discussion on the state of Tipperary Football on Tipp MWR goes up as a podcast please :pray:

I shall be asking the powers that be. It should be on “The sound cloud” in the next few hours

1 Like

As good as I’ve heard in a long time.